Chapter 29

"CHILDREN! GET DOWN HERE!" Jax and I scream at the same time. Steejay's going to be engaged in... I don't know how long, but this is exciting!

"We're coming, we're coming, we're he- what the fuck is going on down here?" Sky says, rolling her eyes at Steve, who's still eating his sandwich in true Steve fashion.

"Skylar, don't cuss," Tommy says, crossing his arms in front of him in the cutest manner ever.

"What's going to happen if I do?" she asks, picking Tommy up with an evil gleam in her eye. "Whatcha going to do about it?"

"I'm going to yell at you," he says before Sky starts tickling him right in his ticklish spot- right under the armpits.

"Join in, be part of the fun, tickle Tommy, there's only one," Aria says, running over to tickle him on his feet.

"No! Stop!" Tommy says in between his laughter, which has only gotten louder recently. 

"What's going on down here- holy crap on a cracker, Steve, get up off the floor and take that sandwich to the trash!" Steph says, rolling her eyes.

"You know, he never asked our permission to propose to her," Jax whispers in my ear and I playfully smack his arm.

"Shut up. You're not in charge of her, and we all know they're endgame," I whisper back, rolling my eyes at the absurdity of my boyfriend.

"I heard the word endgame. Are we skipping to Phase 3 already? Oh God, that would be beautiful!" Aria says, before Ben covers her mouth. 

"Do we want to know what Phase 3 is?" Jax and I ask at the same time, and Sky rolls her eyes at us.

"Are you dumb? She literally said the word endgame. What do you think she means? Hint-hint, it has a little something to do with what Steve's doing to DJ right now," Skylar says, sighing dramatically.

"Aria. We've barely been dating an entire week. Give us time, hon." I say as DJ comes down the stairs, dressed in a gorgeous blue dress. Damn, she's looking hot!

"Okay, why did Kimmy tell me to come down here in a fancy- oh my lanta!! Is this what I think it is?" DJ says, screaming towards the end.

"You have to get though the maze on your own, and then I guess you'll find out why your boyfriend's on one knee without a sandwich," Ben says before Aria elbows him in the stomach. 

After about five minutes, DJ finishes the maze, with the reward of Steve, who's sitting five feet away from her, grabbing a ring box from the back pocket of his suit pants. 

"Donna Jo, I've been in love with you since the day I met you. When we got off that plane and I met your entire family, I saw my entire life- with you. Every big event, everything. When we were at camp that summer, and one of the campers accused us of being married, but Michelle said, "Not yet," when we told her we weren't married, she was right. After 25 years, I still love you the exact way I did when we were 15. Your kids, I love them too. Will you marry me?" Steve says, and the entire room starts to tear up. Why did no one warn me that there would be so much emotion here?

Jax puts his arm around me, and I put mine around Sky. Ben and Aria are, as always, in their own land of coupledom, and they're smiling sweetly at each other through their tears. Why are we being so sentimental?

"Of course I will!" DJ squeals before passionately kissing Steve. This is a day I will never forget, I think, letting my own sentimentality get in the way of this beautiful moment and shielding Tommy's eyes.

"So, Mom's going to marry Steve?" Tommy asks, and breaks out into a smile when they both nod.

"I'm feeling so sentimental right now, it isn't even funny." I whisper to Jax, who pulls me in for a kiss.

"Can we cut the kissing? There's been more than enough PDA already," Tommy says, causing everyone to laugh and me to pick him up.

"You know, one day, a very lucky girl or boy is going to feel the same way DJ and Steve are feeling right now, and there might not be a little boy here to tell them to stop," I say, and he scrunches up his face instantly.

"But don't go around kissing girls, Tommy. You're too little and precious for that right now," Aria warns, smiling.

"Nasty," he shudders, and I give him a light kiss on the head and then drop him.

--------------------

I FEEL SENTIMENTAL FOR THEM!!!!!!!!!

Next chapter there will be a new character! Who do you think?

Should I skip a few years or make that another book? After all, it is called Phases, but I can easily change that to "Phase Two."

Anyways, SORRY THIS IS SO LATE!!! Next week we're on regular schedule.

Later loves,

~Ry