Chapter 39

Ramona POV

Snapchat

@RamonaTheActivist

Irl

"Jackson! Ramona! Downstairs please!" DJ yells up the stairs one late October day while we're watching Netflix in my room.

"Coming!" Jax shouts, hopping off my bed and grabbing my hand.

"Care to accompany me, m'lady?" He asks in a horrible British accent.

"But of course," I say in an equally hilariously horrible British accent.

"How in the world are you so cute?" He questions, smashing his lips onto mine when we get off the stairs.

"I don't know. How are you so cute?" I ask when we pull away from the kiss.

"I'm uncertain," my boyfriend says cockily.

"Love you," I say and he smiles at me.

"I love you too," Jax says, smirking.

"Well, as cute as that was, I'm afraid I have some... Intriguing news from the school," DJ says, and Mom's following her. What is this about?

"What are you talking about?" Max questions. Eavesdropping little shit of a brother.

"Max, go upstairs. Blue Bloods is on," Steph dismisses him.

As soon as he gets his ass up the stairs, the ladies continue, "I'm talking about Ben and Aria being engaged!"

"Oh yeah, that. Isn't it exciting? They're perfect for each other," I agree smiling.

"Not really, no. Look, I just don't want you two to think that getting married to your high school sweetheart is something to be thinking about at your age," DJ says as Steve walks through the door.

"I heard that! When we were their age, we were planning on getting married. Michelle started the ship. Even then, I knew you were the one," Steve says, kissing DJ as Jackson rolls his eyes. He may approve of their union, but he's just being super protective of his mom.

"Anyways, is that all? Don't get married yet?" I ask, wanting to return to Riverdale for the five hundredth time.

"There's more," Steph says and Michelle walks down the stairs.

"Hey people! Why are y'all gathered in the living room?" Michelle asks and I smile. She's cool.

"Our friends are engaged, and so DJ was warning us against engagement at such an early age," I explain and she nods.

"Wise, big sis," she chuckles. "Anyways, I'm off to go hang out with Uncle Jesse."

"Why'd she laugh?" Jax asks after his aunt leaves.

"When we were in high school one year, we all went to a sleepaway camp over summer break and one day one of the kids there thought Steve and I were married," DJ smiles fondly at her fiancé, recalling the '90s, "and she said to the kid, 'Not yet. Patience, Jamona.'  She was such a nice girl, Jamona."

As soon as she says this, I burst into laughter. This is too good. "The irony," Aunt Steph comments and I keep laughing.

"The girls name was out kids ship name," Kimmy points out to a very confused DJ as Aria, Ben, and Sky walk into the room.

After a solid three hours of laughter (not an exaggeration), we all head back upstairs.

"The school called our parents about you two getting engaged," Sky comments to Ben and Aria.

"Rolling eye emoji," Ben replies. "Anyone heard some good gossip? Our lives are very unteafilled lately, and I'm not okay with this."

After another three hours of laughter, we all start to talk about the tea.

It's like we're normal teenagers.

--------------

ONLY ONE MORE CHAPTER!!

😭😭 I'M NOT READY FOR THIS BOOK TO END.

HOWEVER, THERE WILL BE AN EXTRA CHAPTER WHERE YOU GUYS CAN ASK ME QUESTIONS! OR WHAYEVER THE HELL I WANT.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 2.08K VIEWS ON TJIS PIECE OF SHIT!!!!!!

Later loves,

~Ry