Chapter 14

Chapter 14: "I had to hate you to love me."

Ramona POV

Walking hand in hand to the "romantic wing" of the trampoline park, something feels off. I don't know what it is, but it's definitely something. Jax, not noticing this, says, "How much you wanna bet that Tommy's 'on a date' with Aria right now?"

"I'm pretty sure if we keep betting on this stuff, you won't have anything left." I say, preoccupied. There's a weird vibe in the air, even though Trey left.

"Hey, you okay? That look on your face- something's wrong. Spill the tea, as Ben would say." Jackson says, noticing this.

"Nothing, it's just, you and Rocki left things on a sour note and I don't want to be anybody's rebound. Clearly, I get that it's awkward now, since you two are broken up, but still, you should at least try to be friends. Hell, I'm going over there to get her a jump pass and apologize, and I think you should come with." I say, walking over to the girl's room.

"Ramona, I can't go in the girl's room, as you very well know. This is not an episode of Boy Meets World. And why would I be rebounding with you? I promise, when I talk to Rocki, I will not turn into a spineless creature like I normally do." he says, awkwardly standing outside the restroom. 

"Can you go get her jump pass so you don't look like a creepy perv feasting on children?" I ask, halfway in the door already.

"Yeah, go over to the food tables when you're done talking to her. That's where I'll be." Jacksito says, walking over to the area where you buy jump passes.

Entering the girl's room, I hear little sobs coming from one of the stalls; Rocki must be in there. "Rocki, everything okay in there?" I say gently, not wanting to be mean anymore.

Opening the stall door, she says through her sobs, "Of course not! My ex-ex-boyfriend hates me, my ex-boyfriend just cheated on me and now I have to spend the summer in court, you hate me, everybody hates me because of what I did." 

"It's okay, it's okay. I don't hate you, I was just pissed off that you kept everything a secret from him, and was really mean to you because of it. I'm sorry for that, you didn't deserve it. As for Trey, he clearly didn't deserve you if that's how he treated you. He's a douche through and through, and you're awesome." I say convincingly. 

"Thanks, Ramona. I really needed to hear that." Rocki says, tears streaming down her face. Extending my arms, I pull her in for a hug. "Friends?"

"Of course, Rocki. Now, let's get you cleaned up. Trey, try as hard as he wants, will not be able to get in contact with you again, because I have a feeling a little more than him cheating on you went down." I say, grabbing a few tissues from my purse.

"Shouldn't you be hanging out with Jackson right now? I'll get cleaned up and leave; it's no problem at all." she says, frowning.

"Nonsense! I talked about it with Jax, and we both want you to stay and have fun with the rest of us. In fact, when we're done here, he wants to talk to you. We even bought your jumping pass. You're staying." I say firmly, dabbing at the tears still falling down from her eyes.

"Are you sure? I don't want to be a bother, or put a damper on your party." Rocki says, taking out her makeup.

"You won't be putting a damper on anything; I made sure of it. We're absolutely certain that you should be here, and we were overprotective jerks earlier." I say, handing her a makeup wipe.

After she finishes applying her makeup, Rocki says, "Can you block him on everything for me? And report him, and change my picture and description?"