Chapter 1

(Rewritten) Skye's pov

"Skye!" hollered a voice from downstairs.

Wow my pillows are so soft...

"Skye you better come down now! We're gonna be late on the first day!"

A light growl left by lips and I lifted my head from under my pillow, looking around my new room. We had recently moved into this house, reasons being so that we could become allies with a pack called Dark Night. I have no idea why, but I do know that 2 days ago when I was told to pack my things, I was furious. My dad is the Alpha of our pack; The Silvermoon pack and my mom is the Luna. They're both so happily in love, being mates and all its basically impossible not to be. I'm not the type of girl searching for somebody to sweep me off my feet after just mere minutes of meeting, more precisely; my mate.

Suddenly the door to my room burst open cutting off my daydream and at the doorway stood my twin sister Rose, looking very pissed off. "We have 20 minutes before school starts and here you are, still in bed!?" She practically screamed.

"Geez, it's somebody's time of the month." I mumbled as I lazily made my way to the bath room to freshen up. I heard a growl from Rose, followed by a door slamming.

So basically, school is what I like to call hell. Its more like a werewolf academy; a school only for werewolves. Ages 18 and up go there, until age 20. If they don't meet the requirements, which most people usually do, than they stay an extra year.

My eyes looked into the full body length mirror, scanning my appearance. I have long chestnut wavy hair that stops right at my bum, reminding me that I should really get it trimmed. Greyish blue eyes, which I get from my dad and a fit body which I work hard for. I walked out of the bathroom and into my closet, looking for something to wear. This part of the day just ruins my mood. I hate picking outfits. My clothes consist of the usuals like skinny jeans, skirts, shorts, tees etc.

Although my mom sometimes messes around in my closet, replacing clothing. She says and I quote "You're a 19 year old girl who hasn't found her mate yet, dress nice sweetie." Unless you didn't understand that, I'll translate it to the foreign language parents speak. She wants me to find my mate by going all out and about. Dressing like some snuck up girly girl to fit her ideal. Though I have doubts that changing my appearance will assist on the popular mate search, since I don't even care to search for him. Girls my age usually travel all around to find their mate. Me? I wasn't very enthusiastic about that topic.

If its meant to be then the moon goddess would guide our way to each other.

A she wolf begins to feel the urge to find her mate at age 17. You feel the need to be with your mate until the very moment that your in their arms. After that the feeling is so crazy that you'll be popping out babies before you know it. Those evil little things. As you grow older the love becomes stronger and if you haven't found your mate the latest age 35, then you well..go crazy. Some people never find their mates and end up dying of grief. Even though I don't want a mate at the moment, I still wouldn't like for them to be dead.

Shaking my head I grabbed a pair of black short shorts and a white v neck t-shirt. I slid on my leather jacket and quickly rushed out of my closet. I made my way out of my room as fast as I could, so that Rose wouldn't snap again, almost dying on my way down the stairs. Entering the kitchen I saw my mom and dad having breakfast along with Rose.

What a surprise.

"Morning mom and dad" I mumbled. It was so shocking to see them downstairs when Rose and I were awake. Usually they're gone and about with all their pack duties before we're down. "Good morning sweetie, excited for your first day?" my mom happily asks.

I already knew what she was hinting; are you excited that you might find your mate?

"No." I replied. "I am!" Rose cheered.

No one asked you.

"That's because you found your mate so you can't wait to kiss his ass." I growled at Rose, while my mom gave her a pleased smile and my dad raised his eyebrows at me. They always thought that I snapped at Rose during these stupid mate talks, cause I was jealous. But it was the complete opposite. I despised it.

Although it is true, Rose found her mate when we moved here and he's the Alpha of the neighboring pack that we were becoming allies with today. My parents could not have been happier for her when it happened.

"Shut up Skye!" Rose growled back. "Shut up Skye!" I mocked her in a squeaky voice. Sometimes she was just too annoying.

"Skye honey look how happy your mother and I are. Wouldn't you like that?" my dad asked.

"Uhh no." I stated before leaving the kitchen with an empty stomach, tired of this stupid mate talk. Cant a girl just get some breakfast?

Stop lying to yourself.

I went to the front door and slid on my black and white high top adidas, before stepping out and slamming the door behind me. I made my way to my sleek grey Maserati just as Rose popped her head out of the door.

"Weren't you gonna give me a ride?" Rose asked. "I'm pretty sure your mate would love to do that." I stated before starting the engine and driving off to hell.

Why can't they just ever understand that I don't want a mate.

~~~~
If you are re reading this then you would realize that in this part Rose actually has found her mate but Skye has not. Also the picture above is Skye's hair, just imagine it a tad bit longer!