Chapter 45: What happened?

"Hello?" I heard the cheery voice.

"Claire." I squealed, earning me weird looks from the other customers in the cafe.

"Skye?" she asked in disbelief.

"It's me." I replied.

"OMG. Girl where have you been? You and Rose just disappeared after the first day of school." Claire said.

"I'll explain everything! Meet me at that cafe on Lawrence high 21st avenue." I said.

"5." she replied before closing the phone.

Exactly 5 minutes later Claire was walking through the door.

"Skye!" she squealed.

I pulled her into a bone crushing hug. I know it hasn't been THAT long but seriously...she's my BFF other then Rose.

"Now explain." she stated.

So that's when I began my story, all the way from the first day of school up until yesterday.

"Wow. If a mates that much trouble I'm happy I haven't found mine." she replied.

I gave her a smile and examined her face. Her flawless skin and shiny blond hair were perfect, but something caught my eye.

"Claire?"

"Yes?" she asked looking at me with curiosity.

"Whats that?" I asked gently, pointing at a bruise that was on her neck. It was obviously attempted to be covered by makeup.

Claire immediately stiffened.

"What are you talking about Skye? There's nothing." she said nervously flicking her hand to her neck.

I reached forward and moved her hand.

"Who did this?" I growled.

"It was an ac-" she started.

"Cut the crap Claire! Your my best friend. I know when your lying." I stated.

"My parents." she stated in a shaky tone.

"They have started hitting me.Again." she said as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"Oh my god." I said in shock. She had the nicest parents in the world. I don't know how that's possible that they would even lay a hand on her!

I stood up and sat beside her. I pulled her into a tight hug, hoping she would calm down.

"It's not new. They started about 2 days after you disappeared!" she replied muffled.

"Your moving into the pack house." I stated.

"I already live in the pack house." she replied while sniffling and rubbing her eyes.

"The pack house at my pack." I stated.

Claire let out a gasp of surprise as she threw her hands around me.

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you." she repeated.

"No prob claire blaire. What are best friends for?" I said.

She let out a small laugh as stood up.

"Let's go somewhere more private?" she suggested while wiping her red eyes.

"How about we go to my house?" I asked.

"Okay." she replied while adding a weak smile.

Only if I knew what she had been through.

Once we had arrived at my house, I realized that nobody was at home.

"Hello?" I called as I entered the cold and dark house.

I put my hand against the wall searching for a light switch, wanting to get out of the darkness.

Believe me its not the dark I'm afraid of, it's what lies inside of it.

I finally found it and let out a breath of relief.

I turned towards Claire to tell her something but she wore a shocked expression as she stared at my house.

I gave her a confused look before slowly turning around to see what she was so shocked about.

Oh my god.

"Hello ladies." a cold . hissed.

$$$$$$

I know it's short but the next chapter is already planned and will be updated shortly, so stay tuned! Also I'll try to make the next chapter extra long because I didn't update in awhile! :)

~Ams