Chapter 16- Play Time

Luke P.O.V.

I made it to my hotel room and took a long shower. I let her go. I told her to not leave me and here I was giving up on her. Was it really bad of me though? The look on her face said it all. She was crying tears of happiness and looking him deep in the eyes. If I got in the way it would be selfish. Damn, I wanted to be a savage and take her away from her father.

I punched the wall out of frustration.

Getting out the shower, I wrapped a towel around my body and looked into the mirror. I started to comb my beard when I punched my reflection. Who the fuck am I? Who started from the streets and worked his way to CEO of his own company? I didn't let small jobs blow up in my own fucking face! That's all it ever was with Celeste, a job. I let her get under my skin but I can't be soft like this. She's gone now.

She's... Gone. Move on with your life and bury this dumb ass feeling.

I bent to grab the comb when I got a phone call.

"What?" The annoyance present in my voice.

"There's a Sapphire here to see you. Shall I send her up?" Kevin sounded nervous.

"Yeah but give me 10 minutes." I hung up and threw on a pair of dark jeans and a blue v neck shirt and my black leather jacket.

I heard Kevin open the door and she walks in looking like she's ready to stab me.

"Sapphire, what brings-

"Cut the bullshit Luke where is she?" First mistake she's made.

"Watch your fucking mouth before I sew it shut. Her father surprisingly took her to his home. Where? I don't know but you're testing my patience." I looked her up and down with distaste written all over my face.

"You think I care about how you feel?" She chuckled and then gave a serious face. "You're the sidewalk I walk upon. I'm Godzilla, King Kong, I can hit a gong and make you gone. Don't get murked because your little feelings are hurt, bitch." She was pointing at me with a face full of fury and for a moment I really thought of her threat being serious.

She must really love and care for Celeste to risk her life by threatening me.

I took a few steps toward her and she lifted her head high as if challenging me.

"I'm sick of people thinking that they're above me." My voice was low and sounded menacing. Once I got so close she took a step back with each step I took. "Fuck your fairy tale mind, your weak ass threats, and that mouth of yours." I grabbed her neck with my hand and squeezed as I slammed her against the wall. The panic on her face evident as she dug her nails into my jacket trying to get free.

I leaned in closer to her face. "If you aren't careful I'd think you were tempting me to fuck it." I lifted her higher until her feet were off the floor hearing her choking. "Get the fuck out of my room and never set foot in front of me again." I released her watching her fall to the ground gasping for air.

I turned around to pack my bag and I heard her footsteps as she left and slammed the door. Good girl.

I got my shit and we left for the airport to go home. I'm done with this shit show. I need to get back to work and put all of this behind me.

My phone rings as I got in the car and it was my sister.

"I know you missed me. How's my twisted big brother doing in the states?" She sounded playful and it's never good when she does.

"I'm leaving Paris right now. Why? Are you coming home to see me? Can't stay away can you?" I joked and heard her giggle.

"Of course I can't when you got my Daniel hostage and working like a slave. I'm on my way to see you now. I'm getting on the jet. I'll meet you home and have some fun." No good as usual.