Chapter 1 (Present)- Rise Again

I listened to the eerie sound of her voice barely above a whisper. "I warned you and still you stayed."

Where is she? Why can I hear her and not see her?

"You thought you could kill me and get away with it. Break my heart and leave me for dead."

I turned around to see her standing at the other end of the hallway.

"Hello Luke."

"You know I didn't do it. I even called your best friend to help you since I couldn't." I raise my eyebrow as she takes a step closer. Light from outside showing only half her face to me.

"Is that your way of showing mercy to me or showing that you love me like you said you did?" Celeste tilts her head to the side quizzically.

"If so, I hope God have mercy on your soul because I won't, love."

I can hear the contempt in her voice but she's not fooling me. If she wanted to kill me I would've been dead by now. What we feel for each other is imperishable and I refuse to believe that she don't see that. I haven't been able to forgive myself nor sleep after hurting her. It taints my dreams as a constant reminder.

"Celeste, you and I both know that I would never put your life in any actual risk." Willing my legs to move, I take a step closer. My eyes never leave hers. "I made sure to have Sapphire close by to mend your wound and make sure you're safe." Why would someone who wants to kill you do that?"

Another step and I see the tears threatening to stain her face as her brows furrow together.

Celeste shakes her head aggressively and groans. "Stop lying to me! You're wasting your breath trying to cover your own ass! Nobody was there. Not Big John, Sapphire, and especially not you!"

The sound of a gun shot filled my ears as warmth seeped down my arm. My shoulder was bleeding... She shot me.

A sigh escaped my lips as another gun shot went off and made me drop to my knees.

"Right where you shot me, in the stomach."

Celeste kisses me on the lips and although she shot me I fell deep into it. As if she was putting a spell on me.

God I missed her so much.

Breaking the kiss she leans closer to my ear and said, "This is only the beginning." She walked away as I slid down onto my ass and made a phone call.

Where was Sapphire? My bestfriend lied to me that night. Told me Celeste was dead from excessive hemorrhaging after getting shot.

"Big John I need you to come clean me up and get these bullets out. Look into Andrew whereabout's from last year to now. An bring the Bourbon on your way up damn it."

I'm going to make this right.

She's coming back to me.

She's the only one I'll ever want.