Chapter 6- Dirty Secrets

Papa Don P.O.V.

After Luke informed me that he found Celeste and took her in to rest I agreed to let her stay. It's not like I don't know what he's capable of but I do know enough dirt to put him 6ft under if he harm or even touched her the wrong way. She's been mine since she was a child and always will be. I'm not going to let anyone hurt or take my daughter away from me.
If he was wise he'd keep his mouth shut about what I do when she's not around me. As far as Celeste knows I'm a businessman who tends to get my hands dirty when deals don't go my way.

After I woke up, I immediately got dressed and in the car. It was half past six in the morning and I had my driver take me to Luke's house. As we were in route I couldn't help but think back on when I found her and what I promised myself I will do.

*Flashback*

When I found her as a child I had to explain why I killed that guy in the alley before we left. I told her that he hurt other people and I got to him before the cops did. It was the truth to an extent and she didn't need to know anymore than that.

Once I got her home I showed her the bedroom that was now hers. The room wasn't made for a 6 year old but it did well to make her happy and comfortable. It had a kingsize bed with pillows across the headboard. A chandelier that lit the room with a warm light. A desk in the left far corner by the window and a long seat at the foot of the bed. She even had her own bathroom to do as she pleased.

She told me she liked her new room and got cleaned up in a bubble bath

She told me she liked her new room and got cleaned up in a bubble bath. I had my personal stylist run to buy her some clothes since she didn't have any and put them all in her closet while I worked. I thought she was fine with everything as I did my work but the next thing I know the guard I assigned to her rushed in my office.

"Sir, we have a problem." He looked worried like he did something wrong and it pissed me off instantly.

"What's the problem? Where is Celeste?"

"That's the problem sir. She uh... she won't stop crying. I've tried..." I cut him off mid sentence.

"What do you mean she won't stop crying? What the fuck did you do?" I got up and speed walked to her room but she wasn't there. This weird feeling in my chest started as if it was tightening up and my breaths got shorter. Panic. This must be how it feels to panic. I looked around and had the guards searching until I heard sniffles in my room down the hall. I walked towards the door.

"Celeste?" I pushed the door open and there she was sitting on the floor in my button down shirt. She looked up and when she saw it was me she ran and hugged me tight. "What's wrong little one? Why are you crying and hiding in my room?"

"You left and didn't come back. I thought y-you left me like mommy and daddy did. I don't want you to leave me. A strange man came to get me too!". She squeezed me tighter.

I knew exactly who that strange man was and shook my head. Why did I think it was okay to leave her with a guard after what she went through? I wasn't thinking. She was crying and searching for me because I left her. Damn... I messed up and she hasn't even been here two hours. I won't make that mistake again. I promise I'll never make her feel like this again. She's staying with me and as long as I'm around I won't let her be hurt or cry... at least I'll try my hardest.