Chapter 22

Greatwizard14: Welcome to chapter 22 of TCOLY ^_^ Hope you’ll love it

This chapter is dedicated to _ForeverFood_ (Batman). He’s a great friend and one of the first readers of this book. I very thankful for this guy for giving his full support during at the beginning this story :)

---> Xander and Luke #Lander . Play Taylor Swift's You belong with me :)

DON’T forget to Vote, Comment, Fan and Share :) Enjoy!

.

.

Luke’s POV

                                             It's Official!                                                                                                                                   

“Good Afternoon everyone! Teachers, Students, Visitors and to all parents witnessing this event. I’m Mrs. Dianne K. Black, your Quiz master for Senior year Quiz Bee” She paused and everyone clapped their hands. After the introduction of the committee and other staff she started the mechanics.

“I’ll explain the mechanics. All the questions shall be asked are directly came from State ED (Education Department)” The committee handed her the envelope “In this envelope, still and completely sealed” She raised it for everyone to see.

“The quiz competition composes of three rounds namely easy round, average round and difficult round. The number of questions, the weight and allotted time for each question depends under the different rounds. For easy round, 10 questions weighing 2 points each, a total of 20 points. Each question has allotted time of 30 seconds”

“For Average round, 10 questions weighing 3 points each, a total of 30 points. Each question has allotted time of 45 seconds. And for Difficult round, 10 questions weighing 5 points each, a total of 50 points. Each difficult question has allotted time of 60 seconds for non-mathematical problem while 75 seconds for mathematical solving problem. Overall total points combining easy, average and difficult is 100 points”

“I will read the questions twice and say GO. After hearing the GO signal each team shall write their respective answer on answer sheet and the final answer shall be encircled. The time keeper shall ring his bell to indicate that the allotted time has passed. The bell mandates all the competing teams to raise their hands.  After I revealed the answer, the checker will check and collect each answer sheets and will be given to our judges for verification. The judges will announce the teams that only got the correct answer and we can see the entire tally scoring table on the projected screen”

“Any protest by any teams shall be raised their hands and the Board of Judges will resolve the problem before proceeding to the next question. In case of tie, a tie breaking question/s shall be asked until it’s broken. The answer should be properly written and readable. Using abbreviations are not allowed and will be considered as wrong. The team gathering the highest number of points at the end of difficult round will be declared as the champion; they will receive corresponding prizes and will be competing to the Regional Science Fair at Harrisburg High School this October 20, 2014.”   

“Good luck to all teams and let’s begin.” Mrs. Black opened the envelope and brought the paper containing the questions and answers. “For easy round first question” Xander picked the given pen and gets ready. My chest is pounding and I felt beads of sweat formed on my forehead so I swatted it using the back of my hand.

“What was originally called a Leyden Jar?” Mrs. Black asked. I looked at Xander and he nodded his head. She repeated the question then said go. Xander wrote the answer on the answer sheet then encircled it.