Chapter 13: Royal engagement party gone wrong

All the mer people of Atlantica and all the sea creatures heard of the youngest of Triton's daughter's Ariel was engaged to be married, and all of Atlantica was welcome to the party.

"Daddy, did you have to invite all of Atlantica?" Ariel asked blushing at how many guests were in the banquet hall.

The king looked away sheepishly, before swimming to the entry way to greet the guests, "Thank you all for coming to celebrate the engagement of my daughter princess Ariel and her future husband Urchin"

"Please welcome, Princess Ariel and Urchin" the sea horse herald said.

Ariel and Urchin swam hand in hand with Melody holding her mother's other hand entering the banquet hall. As they swam towards Triton, gasps from many of the guests could be heard.

"He's not royalty" an angel fish murmered to a blow fish.

"She shouldn't even be considered a mermaid any more" a golden blonde haired mer man whispered to a mermaid with brown hair.

The trio made it to Triton and he was about to say something to the crowd when Gabriella swam forward.

"May I say something?" she asked.

The king nodded in approval

"Urchin, you can't marry Ariel" the latina said.

"Gabriella? you can talk?" Ariel asked shocked.

She ignored the redheaded mermaid and started talking again, "Urchin, you can't marry Ariel. I love you, I have always loved you"

Urchin was shocked, "Gab, I have only loved one person and that was Ariel. You know that"

"She deserted us! she never had feelings for you when we were kids! Your nothing to her!" she shouted making the whole room gasp.

"I was stupid and foolish to leave my home for land, I admit that, and I admit when we were kids I only saw him as a brother, but my heart is telling me other wise" she turned to look at Urchin, "I truely do love you. You have been the greatest father figure to Melody even when you didn't have to be" Ariel said.

"Ariel, I love you with all my heart. Melody is like my own daughter, I want to be with you always" he said.

"We will have the wedding tomorrow!" the king announced.

read, vote, and comment

dedication challenge:

Who is Madea played by?

a. Mike Tyson

b. A basketball player

c. Tyler Perry

d. an actual woman