Chapter 11: Secrets

In his private chambers, Triton was privatly talking with Urchin

"Yes your majesty, I have always loved Ariel and I love Melody like she is my own daughter as well" the young mer man said.

"Where do you want us to meet you guys at?" the king asked.

"The ship graveyard, Flounder and Sebastian will know which one"

"Ariel has no idea that your planning this, does she?"

"No your majesty"

Triton's messenger sea horse appeared then

"Gabriella and Ollie are done with the project, sir" he reported.

"Thank you" to Urchin, "Ariel is coming to my chambers, do you want to be here and make her think something's going on?"

"No your majesty" he said swimming out of the palace.

A few seconds later, a knock came from the door and Ariel came into view.

"Yes daddy?" she asked.

Triton knew he had to act like he didn't know about her and Urchin

"Ariel? can I speak with you for a moment?" Triton asked.

"Of course daddy, is everything okay?" She asked swimming over to her father.

"Yes, but something has been different about you these past few days"

"Really? Daddy I've been dating-" she was cut off by her father.

"Ah yes, that's why you've been acting different. I'm so happy for you and -" he got cut off by Ariel.

"Urchin. Eric" they both said at the same time.

"Urchin?"

"Daddy, I told you me and Eric are over"

The two were in awkward silence, until Sebastian swam in to inform Ariel that Urchin was there. Ariel immediatly swam off to greet him, while Triton looked on.

"Your majesty, is everything set?" the crab asked once Ariel was out of earshot.

"Yes, Sebastian" he replied smiling, "She doesn't suspect a thing"

"Good work your majesty"

"Go round up the others. Urchin wants this to go perfectly"

Sebastian left to go find the rest of the girls.

meanwhile Urchin is leading Ariel to a surprise location.

"Urchin? Please tell me, where are we going?" The young redheaded mermaid finally asked.

"You'll see, its not that much further" he replied.

Ariel hid her annoyance with a smile as she continued to swim after him. After awhile, they came to a sunken ship.

"Urchin, its a human thing. Why are we here?" Ariel asked.

"Come inside with me" he asked. "Please?"

"Please tell me why we're here" Ariel begged him.

"You'll see once we're inside"

"Just for a minute"

They went inside and she was immediatly shocked by what she saw. The inside looked more cheerful and less gloomy, unlike the outside.

"It was never like this before" was all she could say, before looking at Urchin "I still don't understand why we're here"

"Well my cove is too small for more than just two people to live in"

"What are you talking about?"

"Ariel, will you marry me? I love you with all my heart, and I adore Melody, being with you these past few days have been the best days of my life" he told her looking deep into her blue eyes as he spoke.

Ariel was too busy focused on what Urchin was saying, she didn't realize that her father, sisters and best friends slipped into the ship quietly as to not give away that they were there just yet.

"Urchin, yes! Its a yes, oh I wish father were here and my sisters" she said quietly.

"Turn around" he said.

"Huh?"

"Turn around" he repeated.

She turned around to see everyone she loved and cared about standing there with smiles on there faces. Including Melody who was especially happy to hear her mom say yes to the man that she barely knew yet accepted him as her father.

read, vote, comment

dedication challenge:

What is Baby's real name in the movie Dirty Dancing?

a. Jean

b. Cathy

c. Florence

d. Natalie