Selfish

"who are you?" I asked.

He didn't respond as he walked up to me. I glared growing annoyed by him. I turned away from him but kept tabs on where he was. But suddenly I didn't sense him. I spun around to see him gone. Then someone tapped my shoulder. I pulled and kunai out and spun around.  He dodged my kunai and just looked at me. I was about to walk away when he spoke.

"so you're trying to change the form of your chakra. Do you even know what you're trying to change it to, " he said.

I froze and looked at him. My eyes narrowed as I observed him.

"I'll take that as a no. You're having trouble because you have no idea what form it's taking. Your chakra is being wasted. But perhaps it's trying to take on a form subconsciously, " he explained.

I thought about it for a moment. He had a point. Then I remembered how there seemed to be a marking on my hand that looked like a chain.

I turned to look at him but he was gone. I still didn't get his damn name. Jerk. I looked at my hands. I took a deep breath when I opened my eyes I saw a chain, forming. I smiled. But it soon disappeared but the knockback wasn't as bad.

I looked around again seeing if he was around but I couldn't sense him. Guess he's gone.

"Thanks, " I mumbled quietly.

~~~~

I returned home and looked at the door to see Naruto wasn't home. My eyes narrowed as I looked to the dark streets.

I jumped from roof to roof and came to the Raman shop he liked to see him eating with his team chatting happily.

I let my hand rest on my chest as I looked down. How long until you leave me completely dear little brother.

I continued to watch the dull pain never leaving my chest. I always told myself I would be happy when he left. But every time I saw it happening it hurt a bit more. I shook my head. Be happy he's making friends idiot. That's all he's ever wanted.

He's not like me. He wants friends and deep connections with people. But that's meaningless to me. He's the only thing I care about.

I looked at the sky. What will I do if there comes a day I can't protect him? What will I do?

A gentle breeze came by causing my short red hair to sway. I held a strand of my hair and scoffed. Such an ugly colour on me. I wasn't worthy of such beautiful coloured hair.

I headed home and sat on the couch reading a book. Half an hour later Naruto finally came home. He looked at me and freaked. I stood up punching his head and he began whining.

"how many times do I have to tell you. Be home by your curfew and if you won't be home let me know dammit, " I scolded.

He apologized after another hit. I sighed and began heading to my room. But I stooped as Naruto spoke to me.

"Are you okay Akane. You seem off, " he asked.

I turned and smiled at him.

"i was worried about you. Now go get to sleep. The exam continues tomorrow, " I said.

He nodded and went to his room to sleep. Once he was asleep I stood in his doorway looking at me. I can't tell him I don't want him to leave me. That's just selfish.