Old man

(A/N so one of the reasons I'm updating today is because it's my birthday. I'll be updating my other books a bit later. So yay!)

I tried to get up only to fall. it was the next day and I, unfortunately, wasn't as fast at healing as my brother. But that was because I didn't have the nine tails in me. Yea I knew about it. It wasn't hard to figure out. People talked even though they weren't supposed to.

I heard footsteps and a worried Naruto walked into my room. He quickly came up to me helping me into my bed. He saw my condition last night when he came home.

"you need to rest. I'll make breakfast. So stay put." he said.

He walked out and I just laid down. My body ached. Naruto soon returned with ramen the only thing he could make. I sat up in bed and began to slowly eat it.

"in your condition, I don't think you should go to the academy but today's the graduate test," he mumbled.

He was right. If I went out today I would only make my condition worse. I sighed and smiled.

"don't worry. The Hokage gave me permission to do it at a later date due to my injuries." I said.

He smiled more. He hugged me and left the apartment to go to the academy. I put the ramen cup down and looked out my bedroom window. Today was a nice Day. I kinda wish I could be outside.

I heard a knock on the front door. I had every intention of ignoring the person until I heard the door open. My eyes narrowed. I pulled out a kunai from under my mattress. Yes, I hid one there.

I heard the footsteps in my room and I threw the kunai only for it to be caught by the Hokage. I sighed relaxing a bit.

"you shouldn't just walk into peoples houses like that old man," I mumbled.

I Heard him laugh as he walked beside me while I was sitting in my bed. He gave me a once over and I watch worry come to his face.

"I've seen you on better days," he said.

"and worse days," I mumbled.

I again looked out my window. I felt somewhat comfortable with the Hokage here. He was one of the only people I could stand. He didn't treat us differently. He treated us like normal humans.

"Will you graduate this year?" He asked.

"Don't know. Depends on my skill." I said with a shrug.

"You and I both know you could have graduated long ago but you purposely failed to stay with your brother." He said.

"If you know that then that should give you your answer," I said calmly.

He sighed and walked out of my apartment. Once he was gone I allowed myself to fall back down onto my bed so I was laying down properly. Stupid Hokage he knew why I was staying behind and yet every year he attempts to casually convince me to become a genin.

It was annoying he knew my answer was dependant on Naruto. Damn old man. He ticked me off and yet he was like family. Like a grandfather or something. But he was too kind for his own good. The old man ticked me off.