A riddle

I sighed as I slightly stretched. It's been a few days and I was finally in a good enough condition to do normal things. I hate to admit it but it was thanks to the Hokage and the medicine he brought me.

My brother already left our apartment saying he had to meet his team. Something about another day filled with stupid and boring D ranked missions.

There was a knock on my door and I opened it to see a letter on the floor. I picked it up and read over it.

I have a name that's not mine
and no one cares about me in their prime. People cry at my sight
And lay by me day and night
What am I?

I sighed reading the riddle. I rolled my eyes putting it in my pocket. Whoever wrote it needsto lesson on creativity. I mean it was beyond simple and cliche.

I left the apartment locking the door behind me before walked through the village. As I walked I heard whispers like. "I heard she was attacked," "why couldn't she have died" "Good reddens if she did die" "isn't she's the sister of the nine-"

I turned glaring at the people that were whispering about me. They froze and quickly looked away. I wasn't a pushover and I didn't intend to change that.

I growled to myself as my resentment towards the villagers only grew. So I walked as anger built up that's probably the reason I didn't notice the person right in front of me. My eyes slightly widened as I quickly sidestepped barley missing hitting him.

I saw blond almost white hair with red ends. Amber orange eyes that held a sharpness to them. Pale skin that was a practical while. And then a blur as the man was gone.

I blinked as I looked around for him. Was that my imagination. Not impossible I know what I saw. There was definitely a man there.

I saw people looking at me wired. Did they not see him. What the actual fuck just happened. I shook my head. Okay, we have no idea what that was. But I didn't feel any malicious intent so I'll be fine.

I took a deep breath before continuing my way to the location of this stupid riddle. I soon made it to the memorial stone. The answer to the riddle was a tombstone. There was a graveyard but I doubt they wanted me to go there. There was the K.I.A stone or this one left. So I assumed it was this one. But it seems I might have been wrong.

I pulled out the letter reading it again before looking around. Maybe it was the K.I.A stone. So I turned around preparing to make my way there. However, I spun around throwing a kunai only for it to narrowly miss the person that was about to attack. I made a few hand signs and teleported to the kunai.

I pulled out a kunai that had a bomb tag wrapped around it and threw it at the attacker. It exploded but they dodged. I threw another kunai that they again dodged.

I growled in frustration. I performed multiple hand signs and pressed my hands against the ground creating an earth wall. I then did more hand signs teleporting to the kunai behind the attacker. I again performed hand signs and spat water at them.

They were forced against the earth wall and I ran up to them holding a kunai to their throat. I froze seeing who it was. My eyes narrowed as I pushed the kunai harder against their throat so it was just badly not piercing the skin.

"Really lord Hokage. You shouldn't attack someone like that. And did you write this stupid riddle because if you did you need to take classes on creativity." I growled.

He chuckled and raised his hands in defeat. I sighed lowering my kunai. This old man was really an idiot.

"This was the test I was talking about to become a genin and you passed. Well done. Come to my office tomorrow for your first mission." He said as he left.

I sighed and sat on the floor with a huff. I swear that the old man was going to be the death of me.

~~~~

The Hokage sat in his office looking over a scroll. Akane was beyond a genin level she was a chunin level now. She has grown over the years but he never expected her to be this advanced already having two chakra affiliations. And it was water and earth.

If anyone could rediscover the wood technique he was sure it was her. But did he really want to put that pressure on her? But not just pressure it was also like putting a huge target on her back if she did manage to learn it. He had a lot to think about.