Chapter 21

Why is he mad at William for no reason? Accusing him of murder is bad. Very bad. He can’t accuse William of something he didn’t do” I said for the millionth time to the old man in the painting in the library. After Paul told me that William killed Jake, I was furious! He jumped to a conclusion. An unacceptable one. I didn’t wait to hear an explanation. After spending time with William I got to know him better. I knew he wouldn’t  have killed his brother. I mean, come on! He literally announced that his brother rose from the dead and he was happy about it( Ignore the part where he was stoned while shouting it). But on a serious note, I don’t think it’s a brother killed brother situation here. It’s something else. “Wait!” I yelled. With my palm on the painting I leaned forward and looked up at the old man. “Brittany and Paul became quite close didn’t they?” I stared into the man’s eyes and then said “Close as in bonding” “So?” came the reply but I was too deep in thought to realize he replied. “So..don’t you remember? Brittany told me that if Jake hadn’t died, she would’ve killed him herself” “Don’t talk nonsense Cheryl .She would never say such a thing” “Believe me! She said it to my face. And then..hold on” I said and stood straight. “How did you reply? Aren’t you a dead man in a painting?” “I am” “This is a mad house” I said taking two steps backward. “Watch it!” I turned around and looked at a beautiful vase on a mahogany table. “Mom would shoot you if that fell” “Jake” I said and I could feel my lips instantly curl into a smile. “I'm so sorry for going poof! all the time” “that’s alright. Lots happened when you were gone” “well I heard some of it. Wanna fill me in?” he asked and sat in the red couch. “Sure! Just try and keep the expressions silent okay?” “Cheryl Goldsin, what did you do this time?” Jake asked in the most serious tone.