Chapter 15

“No one can hear you except me, right?”  I whispered to him. I gave me a death glare and looked around. It was the same since the last time I was here. “My brother is here!” I looked in the direction from where the voice came and I shocked to see Will pointing at Jake. “maybe others can see you too”  I suggested. “It’s not possible. I chose you” he whisepered back. “I miss him! I miss Cheryl” William said over and over again until he was standing right in front of me. “What do you mean your brother is here?” I asked him. “He is amongst us” Will said holding me by the shoulders. It didn’t take me even a minute to realize why he said what he said. Getting out of my fantasy that hot William was holding me, I pushed his hands away and shook him. “Are you high?” I demanded. “Ssh! Tell no one” he whispered. Jake heaved a sigh of relief. “You know, I miss my brother so much” Will said in utter sadness. “Says the killer” Jake scoffed and left me with Will. “The what?” I asked shock. “Will!” I said slapping him. “What happened to Jake?” I was surprised that I didn’t ask this question before. I didn’t ask this question when I got a call saying he was dead, when I entered this house, when I met Grace, uncle Matthew, Brittany, William, Jenny and Jake. “My poor brother, I..killed” he said as he sniffed and then fell backwards on the ground. Jake came back, looked at Will and said “I told you to quit” and poof! He was gone.

           “I got him love, you go upstairs. Britt might be there” uncle Matthew said as he lifted Will up. “Thank you” I said and rushed out. I looked around for Brittany but she was nowhere in sight. My phone buzzed again but I ignored it. I need to find Brittany. But more importantly I need to find answers. I ran back up (in my heels) to Jake’s room and shut the door behind me. I held my necklace and shouted “Jake, we need to talk”. I looked around but he wasn’t there. I tried again, this time with my eyes shut tightly. “Jake I need answers. Come on out! We are done playing peek-a-boo”  I opened my eyes but alas, he wasn’t there. “Damn you 50 ways to contact a ghost” I muttered and flopped on the bed. “Seriously Jake! I'm leaving in 5 minutes if you don’t come out and answer my questions. I will burn your room! Or how about I tear your Elvis Presley poster?” I threatened. “Fine! We do it my way then” I climbed on his bed and put  one hand on the beautifully poster, signed by the star. “Don’t you dare” Jake growled behind me. “Ah! Now you decide to show yourself?” I said sarcastically without moving an inch. “Take your hand down Cheryl” he said sternly. “Promise me you won’t disappear?” “I can’t help it. I'm dead remember? I can’t stick around all the time”  “Why?” I asked turning around. “Only when you think of me I appear” he said softly. “I have been thinking of you for 3 years!” I shouted. Jake remained silent. “I need answers” “what’s your first question?” “Were you killed?” I asked directly. Jake said nothing but only nodded and that was more than enough.