Chapter Eighteen

Hi! Only two more chapters left, hope you've enjoyed it!

Chapter Eighteen

Everyone still at Hogwarts continued securing the castle. I knew what was coming our way. Standing here and watching the Death Eaters come in our direction made this feel all the more real. Was my father amongst that crowd? I lowered my wand and looked over at Selina who was staring out the window with an unreadable expression. I bet she was wondering if Cole was amongst the crowd as well. This was really happening, and I knew a battle was coming our way. A battle meant destruction, injuries, and the worst, deaths. Without thinking I took Kent's hand out of nervousness and he squeezed it reassuringly. "It will be okay," he said from next to me. I couldn't find the words to respond so I nodded. I hoped it would be okay.

Not long after that, our protection charms were being deteriorated by the Death Eaters. Everyone around me was panicking. "What the hell do we do!" Selina screamed as we rushed down the hall. Our wands were at the ready.

"There isn't anything else we can do," I responded out of breathe. People were running all around us, accidently bumping or pushing through us. I held tightly onto Kent's hand as Selina followed closely behind us while pushing everyone out of her way.

"What do you mean?" she responded horrified. "So what, we're defenseless then?"

"What can we do? If we keep putting the charms up, they'll keep taking them down. We're outnumbered if you can't tell!" I responded a bit more snappy than usual but I was panicking.

"So we're screwed?" she responded. We kept moving and pushing down the hall. The explosions were getting louder. They were getting closer. Kent was trying to get us more towards the Great Hall, considering that is where most people would be. We couldn't run from the fight, but we had to get in the safest position possible.

Another fifteen minutes passed and everything continued getting even more chaotic. Then the loudest explosion yet happened and I felt the ground beneath me shake. We weren't at the Great Hall yet. All of us stopped at the rumbled of the floor. Someone was running down the hall in fear, "They're here! They're in the castle!" he yelled as he passed.

Within minute the castle was full of Death Eaters. The came in through all exits and began destroying the school. As we ran to get the best advantage point possible, I saw caved in walls and ceilings. "This way," Kent said leading us away from the destruction. We turned sharply into another hallway. It was just the three of us so I thought we were safe...until there was an explosion behind us and the wall began caving in around us. Our escape was blocked from ahead. Black figures were approaching us. My heart was pounding. Selina was laying on the ground as she was hit by fallen stone. Her forehead was bleeding as she put her hand onto it and looked up at me worried. She was covered in several other scratches.

I bent down and pulled her to her feet as Kent stepped in front of the two of us. "Are you okay? Do you feel dizzy?" I asked quickly getting my wand out and doing the best I could to heal it. The mark was still there but at least the bleeding was stopping. The cloaked figures were closing in on us.

"I'm fine," she said wiping her hand on her jeans and stepping back. We turned to face the Death Eaters approaching us. Kent put his hand in front of me, not allowing me to move forward. I wasn't going to let him do this alone.