Chapter One

Hi everyone, I'm back with a new story. This one is different as starts off at another Wizarding School and covers the other schools take on the second Wizarding War. But I promise by the end of the first part it will tie in with the Hogwarts Characters. Hope you like it x & leave your thoughts!

Disclaimer: The Wizarding World belongs to the brilliant JK Rowling.

Also, this was written and published way before any information on Ilvermorny was released x (3/23/17 update)

Chapter One

Few people can say they have managed to escape death once, but not many can say they have escaped death twice. After a potions mishap and muggle car accident, I somehow managed to survive. Luck was on my side those days, yet it was only on my side. The car accident took two loved ones from me. It was hard to see myself as lucky. As I prepared to begin my sixth year at Salem Academy of Sorcery, I continuously reminded myself not to take my luck for granted. The Wizarding World has drastically changed over the past year. What we believed to be ancient history was back. Around the time I was born a war broke out in the Wizarding World. A dark wizard, whose name I was told to never speak, gained power. He abused that power for all of the wrong reasons, resulting in the death of hundreds. My father rarely spoke of it but I learned about it in school. The war took place over in Europe, mainly in the United Kingdom. The United States Ministry was uninvolved for the first part of the war, but as it got worse they  had to join in.

At the end of my fifth year an announcement was made. That dark wizard was officially back. Rumors spread at the end of the first war that he truly didn't die and that he would be back, but there was no evidence. A group of young students at Hogwarts were the ones to reveal the truth, nearly resulting in death. Harry Potter was a name we heard often. Over the past few years he was always appearing in the newspaper, but students here were always talking about the rumors they heard. Although none of us knew him personally, we learned of his parents history and knew of him growing up. We were the same age. Throughout the course of my fifth year, our newspaper was constantly putting a bad light on Harry and the Hogwart's Headmaster Dumbledore. The two claimed that Dark Wizard was back, but their ministry and our ministry put them down. In the end, Harry and Dumbledore proved everyone wrong.

Now the Wizarding World was living in fear, especially those over in the United Kingdom. If History does repeat itself, it means no one is safe. Wizards from all over the world got involved in the last one, I can hardly imagine how many would be involved this time now that they have an idea of how powerful this dark wizard could be. My already protective dad was wary of me going back to Salem this year. I assured him it was safe to be in the magically protected academy. He didn't like the idea, but knew I had a point. My father, Bernie Willis, worked in the Department of International Magical Cooperation. His Department has drastically changed over the past few months, knowing that if situations get too out of hand, they will have to step in to fight as well. Lately he has been looking anxious, tired, and worrisome. He's been trying his best to put on a good face around me and has rarely told me anything he's learned from work. But in the end, after my hours of pestering, he always shared a little information with me.

After the car accident, my father moved us out to the Pennsylvania country side. We traded in our New York City townhouse for a small old-fashioned farm house. I was young when we moved. Although my father had no design skills whatsoever, I did love our cozy home. The inside was old-fashion with bright cherry tree walls, narrow hallways, and steep steps. The yard was enormous and often filled with wild animals. It was much quieter than our town house, but I was so young when we left it was an easy adjustment.

After zipping my bag shut, I left my room and went down the steps that lead into the dining area. My dark haired father was sitting at the wooden table scanning the newspaper with a steaming cup of coffee at his side. His brows were furrowed as he read the page with a look of worry. When he noticed I entered the room, his face immediately softened. "Good morning Bradley. What are you doing up so early?" he asked with a kind smile.