Chapter Five

Thanks for all the lovely comments, keeps me writing quickly! Sorry for the short chapter but the next one will be up asap!

Chapter Five

Despite the ceremony being so lovely, the reception was much more fun. It was late afternoon when the reception began. I have never seen so much food in my life, but considering the way Mrs. Weasley has been treating us with meals, I did not find myself surprised. An old woman passed us with a miserable look. She was one of the Weasley's old aunts. "You changed your hair Ginevra," she muttered to Idella as she passed. We all couldn't help but laugh.

Idella took off with Ginny again, but neither Charlie nor I cared. We were both very happy she finally found the family she always wanted. They invited us to come with them but she was going to talk to a few of her cousins so we told them to go on without us. Ron bought Charlie and I over two glasses of Butterbeer before going to sit with Harry, who looked miserable, again. I felt bad for him, so much pressure on one person.

"Wooh..." Charlie said as we walked by the dessert table. It was so colorful and had every dessert known to muggle and then more. "An ice cream bar?" Charlie said in disbelief. "How is this not melting?" he asked looking closely at the bright scoops of every flavor.

"It's charmed," I said with a laugh as if it was obvious. As smart as he was, I forget sometimes that he didn't grow up in this world and little things still surprised him. Unable to resist we made ourselves some sundaes as a few of the Hogwarts students approached us. Ginny and Idella came back our way.

"It must be overwhelming," one of the boys said to us. I believe his name was Neville. He took a few scoops of ice cream.

Charlie and I smiled. "Oh yeah," Charlie agreed looking around. "But at least everyone is friendly." They stood with us and pointed out a few interesting people. They all agreed Hagrid was the greatest person you'll ever meet. There seemed to be a lot of unique personalities floating around, but in the end it made everything fun. "Oh my...is that Viktor Krum?" Charlie exclaimed overly excited. I laughed as the three boys rolled their eyes.

"Yes the wonderful seeker," Seamus said with a hint of sarcasm in his voice, but he smiled. "We had to deal with all the girls chasing him our fourth year...but he only had his eyes on one." Viktor Krum pushed through the crowd towards Hermione.

"Hermione?" I said even though it was now very obvious. They all nodded. More people passed by us. Seamus pointed out a very interesting looking father and daughter. Dressed in bright yellow attire, the two were looking around with dreamlike expressions. They were out on the floor dancing in a very strange way. I tried not to stare but it was hard.

"The Lovegoods," Neville said. "Luna's in Ginny's year."

"She's beautiful," Charlie stated without another thought. She was in fact pretty, but seemed very different. She wasn't Charlie's usual type. His type, or what I thought to be his type, was Selina. So I found it weird he found this Luna attractive, considering Luna's happy and dream like face was the opposite of Selina's bitter or smug expression.

"Dare you to ask her to dance," Seamus teased in his thick Irish accent.