Chapter Six

And here is where the war truly begins! Hope you are enjoying it. I'm sort of mixing things up in this chapter, but I know where it's going, so hopefully you like it too! x & I'm trying to stick to the main story line but minor things may be different! I promise to have lots of surprises in store while sticking to the original overall storyline. Let me know your thoughts!

Chapter Six

Chaos erupted all around me. As the patronus faded, so did the moment of silence. People began screaming and rapidly apparating away with their families. Quickly, all of the elders apparated. Many people stayed; mainly the members of the Order of the Phoenix. Within a few seconds, clouds of black apparations destructively entered the tent. The tent went up in flames. Tall figures dressed in black stood with wands out and cold faces. More people began to scream while the ones who remained mentally prepared to fight or called out orders. Some of the Death Eaters held stone cold and deathly expressions, looking ready to attack. Others had wicked grins and devious eyes while looking excited for a fight.

The screaming never died down as more people began apparating away. "Run!" Arthur Weasley called over to us. I was standing with Hermione. My immediate response was to look for Charlie and Idella, but the two were far across the room. A darker thought was in the back of my head; what if my father was here? Quickly I shook that thought out of my head. There was no way he would ever be here. If anything they kept him doing whatever intellegence work they needed. I made eye contact with Idella and Charlie but knew it was a horrible idea to run to them through the Death Eaters.

"Come on!" Hermione called to me as the two of us backed up. "We will go around the tent. Get your wand out." My fingers suddenly went numb but I reached for my wand and gripped it tightly. A thousand defensive spells passed through my mind as Hermione and I moved through the crowd. I was assuming Harry and Ron were on her mind. They were also on the other side of the room.

I felt as if I was running through a stampede with everyone moving in every direction. Keeping up with Hermione was difficult but I kept on going. Suddenly it got harder to stay near her as people began running towards me and getting in my way. Black figures were moving closer. Idella and Charlie were still far from me. They were attempting to cast spells all while being safe. Spells were shooting off everywhere. I had to jump back as one nearly hit me, lighting the side of the tent on fire. Then again...it wouldn't have had much effect on me anyway.

"Scared of a little fire?" a Death Eater with a cold laugh yelled to me. He was getting closer. I looked closely, he was a much older wizard with a narrow face and wild eyes. "I know your secret!" He shot another fire spell at me and I quickly jumped to the side. He knew? His face was familiar. I looked closer...I didn't know his name but I remember seeing him and knew that he worked for the Department of Mysteries.

No wonder he knew! Panicking I broke into a sprint pushing a few others out of my way while trying to catch up to Hermione. As I ran I made sure to watch my surroundings. The Department of Mysteries Wizard was farther behind me, but others were still close. I made sure to throw out a few defensive spells but I kept missing due to my sudden nerves. I luckily, and very accidentally, hit a Death Eater. My eyes scanned the crowd. A new face caught my attention and I had to do a double take, causing me to slam right into Bill Weasley who caught my balance. "Are you okay?" he said quickly. I nodded quickly and then he moved towards the center of the fighting. I looked over at the Death Eater in the distance. It was Cole. My glance meet his icy blue eyes, he seemed just as surprised as I did.