Chapter Ten

This story is so fun to write, hope you're all liking it! As Ivy1Fantasy pointed out, I hope you all understand the flames on the cover! ;) Thanks for reading!

Side note: We are halfway through the first part, so within another half the original HP characters will be brought in.

Chapter Ten

Considering I only missed three days of classes, I wasn't too far behind. But I personally hated being behind. Hell, I hated being on schedule. If anything I preferred to be ahead of the readings and assignments. I said goodbye to my father once more knowing that I would be seeing him soon for Thanksgiving. I arrived back at Salem. Headmaster Elwood greeted me kindly and then sent me off to the dining hall for breakfast. It then hit me that there would be stares as I walked into the hall and surely there were plenty. It was very rare that someone left school for a few days and at such a small school everyone knew that I was gone. Ignoring the looks and ducking my head I raced over to the Irdrea section where Charlie and Idella looked relieved to see me. They both jumped up and hugged me. I quickly told them I would explain later. Suddenly, several other people asked where I had been and I lied saying I had gotten a stomach virus. Hopefully that lie would spread and I wouldn't be bombarded with questions all day.

As I went through my classes that day, the questions didn't die out. People were asking me where I was in every class. I managed to pull Charlie and Idella aside to quickly tell and only them the truth and then went to class. Luckily they answered a lot of the questions for me. As we entered into Charms Idella announced to the entire room, "Yes we all know Bradley missed a few days. She was ill. There you go." Charlie and I couldn't help but laugh. Selina surprisingly didn't have much to say. She of course made a comment about how far behind I was but ended it there seeming rather distracted.

The one person I really didn't want to lie to was Kent. Medical Approaches was my final class of the day and as I walked in it hit me...it was Friday. The exam. Studying with Kent. I began to panic. Professor Sheringham spotted me and called me over as she saw me and I had to drag myself to her desk. "Miss Willis, Headmaster Elwood has informed me that you had to miss a few days and that you weren't able to bring home your textbooks, so I am excusing you from the exam today. Monday after your classes you can take the exam," she said. I sighed with relief.

"Thank you Professor," I said nodding. Turning around I began walking out of the room. Right as I stepped outside the door, the familiar dark haired boy was about to walk in. Kent looked caught off guard when he saw me.

"I have been hoping to run into you," he said when he saw me. "I saw you come in at breakfast and lunch, but didn't get to talk to you. Are you alright? I was worried when you never showed up to class a few days ago."

"I'm completely fine," I told him. "And I'm sorry about missing our studying session, I didn't plan on leaving school so...quickly." He nodded understandingly.

"Don't worry about it. Just glad you're okay," he said. He looked in at the classroom. "Well I better go cram as much more information in as I can." Kent sighed. "I'll let you know how it goes. See you around?" I nodded with a relieved smile.

"Good luck," I said walking away. "You'll be fine." It was nice to know he thought of me when I was away. If only he wasn't Grant's best friend. The two have been side by side since I first met Grant. It was sad to think our friendship had to remain almost secretive. As I walked to the library to study for the exam, I spotted Nephele. Clearly she was skipping class along with seventh year Thomas Carlton. Leaning in and kissing him, I knew if Kent was here he wouldn't be too happy about his sister with one of his roommates. Being as quiet as possible I walked away not wanting her to see me.