Chapter Nine

Thanks for all the reviews! Glad you really liked the last chapter! Hopefully you like this next chapter! x

Chapter Nine

Still frozen, I hit the ground hard. From what I could see I was in a massive room but it was very dark. I heard voices all around me. I faced death twice, am I facing it for the third time? And then suddenly, I was unfrozen and dragged up into a standing position. We were in a dark ballroom and many people dressed in black were standing around me with mixed expressions. I tried not to make eye contact, because then I would begin crying of fear. I couldn't let them see me as weak. The Death Eater from the Department of Mysteries was evilly smiling widely at me from across the room. "Bradley Willis," the man next to me announced to the room.  He was the one who brought me here. There were murmurs of conversation around me. "Have a seat," he said pushing me down into a chair and casting a spell to cause the arms and legs of the chair to secure me. Glaring up at him, I refused to crack. He simply smirked. As I stared at him, there was something familiar about him. Yet I knew that I have never seen this man in my life.

Others crowded around me. A tall woman with a stern face and a man with long white blonde hair both wore exhausted expressions. A scared looking boy with grey eyes stood next to them. The Malfoy's. I remember seeing them in the Beckingham's pictures. The boy looked at me in confusion but looked away, he must be Draco. This must be the Death Eater's Headquarters. "About time," came a woman's dark voice. From behind me I heard footsteps until the woman with wild black hair stood in front of me.

"She was with Potter and the others," the man said. "As we expected." He paced around. "Heard you slipped away with them after the wedding." There was nothing for me to say. I kept my eyes focused straight forward. If they were looking for information they weren't going to get any out of me, no matter what they did. "Do you know who I am?" he said stopping in front of me with amusement in his light eyes.

"You've already asked me that," I responded in a cool tone without making eye contact. That's how he outed me to the entire meeting, by asking me his name. He scoffed by a smirk formed on his face.

"Zacharias," he stated. Why did that ring a bell? "Zacharias Reid." My eyes made contact with him in a split second. Kent's father. The one who escaped Azkaban. The one Kent has been hiding from. No wonder he looked familiar. The resemblance was obvious apart from the dark expression. Amusement spread on his face. He knew about the two of us. How did he even know I had a relationship with Kent? "Hear from my son lately?" I shook my head rapidly. Has he already gotten to Kent?

"Where is he?" I snapped darkly.

"I'm just as clueless as you then," he replied. "I found out a great deal of information on him though. Rumors travel around fast." He looked at me knowingly. "We've been searching and we will find him, just as we found you."

"Technically you didn't find me," I responded bitterly. "More like sheer luck."

"Well luck seems to be in our favor lately then doesn't it?" he shot back quickly. Bellatrix cackled from behind him.

"What do we do with her Reid?" Bellatrix asked stepping forward and getting closer to me. Her wicked eyes were glowing as she got even closer. She twirled her wand around a piece of my hair. I pretended as if I wasn't bothered yet just being in this room sent chills up my spine. Never in my life would I have pictured myself facing Bellatrix Lestrange. My heart was beating quickly and it was impossible for me to remain calm. Now would be a great time for some flames! Yet of course, with my luck, as much as I tried to concentrate it was impossible.