Chapter Thirteen

Sorry for the short chapter, but I hope you like it! I'll try to get updating faster, bit of a busy week! Enjoy & let me know what you think! x

Chapter Thirteen

The next morning I awoke to the sound of crashing waves and the smell of salty air. It almost felt like a dream. It was the first time I slept in a real bed in weeks. Selina was sound asleep across the room. I didn't bother waking her as I got up and slid my shoes on. Once I was dressed I made my way downstairs. It smelt of banana bread and my stomach growled. It was nice to have real food. As I stepped towards the kitchen I spotted people standing out on the back deck. The back of their heads were too familiar and joyful tears filled my eyes.

Sharply turning from the kitchen I ran out the open doors. "Idella! Charlie!" I exclaimed in excitement tackling the two into a tight hug. They hugged me back just as excited. I looked up to see Kent smiling. It was so great to see their faces. They were safe.

"Don't ever disappear on me again!" Idella yelled while hugging me. I noticed she trimmed her wild red hair, but other than that she looked the exact same. Charlie was much paler than I remember but then again, he likely hasn't had as much time to tan.

"We were going to wake you but after we heard what happened, figured you needed to sleep in," Charlie said looking at me. "But you're okay now?" Typical Charlie, always worrying about everyone else. Despite the cool act he put on at school, he was overly kind on the inside.

"I'm even better now," I answered looking at the two. Since they already heard what happened I didn't need to repeat my story. Kent was in a deep conversation with Lupin once more so Idella, Charlie, and I went for a walk on the coast. At first I made them tell me everything. Idella went on a mission with Charlie Weasley, Eric Stanley, and Arthur Weasley to contact creatures. That sounded right up her alley, but she expressed it was difficult. I remember Eric Stanley was boy she danced with at the wedding. The way she spoke of him gave me the impression that she was really liking him. Maybe she was finally over Colin. Charlie then told me how his assignment was cancelled due to the fact he was wanted for arrest from being muggle born. Instead he was assigned to a boring intelligence job.

When we got back Selina came down to join us. "What is she doing here?" Idella asked quickly. They must have forgot to leave that part out that she came back with us.

"Staying safe," I responded as we got closer. "I'm pretty sure I'll be in debt to Cole for eternity now." I gave her a smile and shrugged. He wasn't asking much by having me keep my cousin safe. We walked near her.

"Hi," Idella greeted in a dull tone. The two were never friendly but I was impressed Idella even managed to say hi.

"Glad to see you're safe," Charlie said calmly. Idella and I turned to look at him in surprise. Last year he could barely speak a sentence to her without gawking at her. Now it was like he was talking to just anyone.

"You too," Selina replied as Fleur called her. "See you." I was even impressed with Selina's kind responses to my friend.

"Assuming you're finally over her?" I said turning to Charlie with a laugh. He shrugged with an amused grin. "Never thought this day would come."