Chapter Eight

Thanks everyone for reading so far! This definitely is a HP fanfiction and will involve Hogwarts & the original Harry Potter characters. The first half covers what is going on at Salem (HBP & then all of Deathly Hallows will be told from from Hogwarts!) Hope you're enjoying! x

Chapter Eight

That morning at breakfast everyone in the Irdrea section was staring at me. They knew. I mean, I'm sure I screamed loud enough for the entire girls section to hear. I tried to ignore them and went to a smaller table where Charlie was already sitting with Andrew and Roddy. Those two looked up at me not really knowing what to say so they put their heads down and continued eating. At least Charlie said, "Hey Bradley...so are you okay? We heard you screaming last night." Perfect. So even the boys could hear me?

"Bad dream," I answered shaking my head and sitting down with my back to the rest of the room.

Idella asked me earlier what the dream was about and I said I couldn't really remember. She was clever and if I told her about the fire she would have easily connected it to my burning hands. The first class I had was Medical Approaches and I was hoping Kent hadn't heard anything. As I arrived he was already there notes all over the desk. "Hey Bradley," he greeted as I sat down. "This test is going to be a nightmare. I don't understand the difference between all these operating machines." He shook his head. I smiled widely because he didn't bring up the screaming situation.

Taking a seat, I pulled out my notes. "I was looking at that last night," I answered. "I'm starting to remember it somewhat, but it still all blends together." He nodded in agreement.

"Would you want to study together before sometime?" he asked catching me off guard. I had to bite back a "really?" and managed to keep a calm face. I did really like Kent, we got along and he was always kind to me. Yet I figured we would never speak outside of class or casual run-ins because his best friend was Grant.

"Sure that would be great," I responded calmly. "Would you want to study tomorrow night?" I asked. It was a Wednesday so it gave us two nights to prepare before the test.

As the class came to end I couldn't help but leave with a smile. Kent and I were meeting tomorrow night after dinner to study in the library. He assured me that Grant wouldn't mind...but we weren't going to tell him. As I walked out to the field for Advanced Care of Magical Creatures, I had almost forgotten about last night. Almost. Selina was standing there looking completely amused and I knew she was going to say something.

"I could hear you from the other side of the castle last night," she said shaking her head. I doubt she actually heard me. What she probably heard was what other students have been talking about. "Nightmares is it?" she asked with a fake look of sympathy.

"Yes," I stated simply not wanting to get into a pointless argument with her. Everyone was taking their seats on the log wood stools. Today our teacher would be lecturing us about lake creatures before we begin our next assignment. On the plus side, it meant I wasn't required to sit with Selina today. Selina's attention wandered and I turned to see Cole walking down the hill to class. Oh, he was actually showing up today?

"Try not to fall asleep or anything. Wouldn't want your screams to scare the creatures away." Selina smirked before taking off and grabbing the back row with Cole and his friends. Idella who was talking to Colin came over and sat with me as class began.

Unfortunately the rest of the day wasn't as wonderful as Medical Approaches was. No one really said anything to me directly, other than Selina, but people were giving me weird looks. Even a few teachers gave me curious looks. Idella and Charlie kept reminding me that everyone would forget about it by tomorrow.