Chapter Fifteen

Thanks for reading so far! Hope you like this chapter! x

Chapter Fifteen

That night after our Thanksgiving feast, my father and I had a long conversation with my Grandmother and her sister Charis. They asked me all about school and told me they wished to see me more. Of course they didn't mention the war at all, they weren't the type. I needed to find Great Grandmother Lucille and I knew where to find her. "Will you excuse me?" I said to them and they all nodded, saying they would see me later.

The sun was setting on the ocean horizon, so I had a clear idea where Great Grandmother Lucille would be. As I walked by the window I saw her sitting out on the deck alone for once. I felt bad disturbing her and hoped she wouldn't mind. Opening the door, I walked over to her and her head turned slowly towards me. "Hello dear," she said to me patting the bench next to her. "Isn't this lovely? The sun setting on the ocean horizon...how beautiful."

"It is beautiful," I agreed looking out at the beautiful sky fading from dark blue to shades of orange.

"Have you come with more questions?" she asked me, thankfully with a hint of amusement in her voice. I couldn't help but smile. She sensed my curiousity. "I was like you, you know? Always curious."

 "Did you go to Hogwarts?" I then asked curiously and she nodded.

"Yes. I was in Ravenclaw," she answered. "Similar to Irdrea house I assume."

 "Did you attend Hogwarts the same time as Albus Dumbledore?" I then asked after doing the math. From what I can recall, she was around the same age as Dumbledore. Perhaps she knew him.

"Yes I knew him," she answered nodding slowly. "He was a few years older than me, but I remember seeing him around. Excellent student he was. Very powerful. He was in Gryffindor with my older brother." It must have been fascinating to have known him at the time.

"What was he like?" I asked interested.

"At the time...different than he is now," she replied. "He was the most powerful student at the school and knew it. But he had a kind heart and that was one thing that never changed. I trusted every word he said last year. He is an honest and very wise man who would never lie. The Ministry would have done well to trust him last year, rather than try to cover the whole situation up. He is vital to this war, just as he was in the last one." I nodded.

"Headmaster Elwood knows him as well, the two are great friends," I added.

"Zoticus," she said with a smile. "Yes they are indeed. Zoticus Elwood is a great man. He played a major role in the first war too. Dumbledore's right hand man." 

"Really?" I responded. I'm not sure why that surprised me. Headmaster Elwood never mentioned anything before and no one at school ever said anything like that. Now that I think about it, he does seen like the type if man to offer help in any situation.

I sat with Great Grandmother Lucille for almost an hour after that, not even talking about the war but just life in general. She told me all about her years at Hogwarts. It seemed like a beautiful school. I hated seeing her so sick, but at least mentally she was full of life. She asked me about my years at school. One of the many people I could trust was Great Grandmother Lucille, so I told her about my burning hands and waking up to flames. The entire experience fascinated her as she listened to each detail very carefully. "Now dear I am sure you have already been told to keep this a secret, and that you must," she stated. "I know it may seem minor, but it makes you unique. No wizard has ever been able to avoid the burn of the flames for that amount if time and at that intensity. Uniqueness to You-Know-Who means you are either valuable to him..." She paused. I didn't see how I was valuable, but I was different. "Or you're a threat." I stared at her widely, a threat to the Dark Lord? No one has ever been this honest with me before.