Part Two: Chapter One

Sorry for the long wait for Part Two! Just wanted to get a bunch written before I posted anything. Love writing this part & the HP characters are finally here! This next part is the transition with them but in Chapter Two (already written) they are all officially in the story. Thanks for reading, let me know your thoughts!

Disclaimer: JK Rowling owns everything you recognize from the HP series

Chapter One

Everything was different now. July came quickly. We  have been out of school for weeks and everything was getting worse. Idella and I have managed to steal a few newspapers before her parents had the chance to burn them. Dumbledore dying made the war a thousand times worse. The UK ministry was falling apart. Yet apparently so was the USA ministry. For some unknown reason our minister "retired"...and who became the new Minister of Magic? Cal Beckingham. When Idella and I saw that we sat in silent horror for about ten minutes. It was more than obvious he was working amongst the Death Eaters now.

Apart from the Wizarding World, Idella felt horribly when I showed up at her house. I didn't even have to explain why I was there. She knew. "I was hoping this wouldn't happen," was the first thing she said. As much as she loved having me visit, she wanted my father and life to be normal again. The second my feet hit the Baynes fireplace floor I broke down into tears. How could my father join the Death Eaters? And to make it even worse...it was all because of me.

Idella let me cry. I explained it all to her through my sobs. "This doesn't make your father a bad guy. He isn't truly one of them. You know that. He's a good guy," Idella said trying to comfort me. "It's because he loves you."

"It's my fault though!" I cried. "If he gets hurt or...dies, it's on me." More tears.

"Not it isn't Bradley," she replied shaking her head. "You didn't ask to have that potion poured all over you. Bad things happen and most of the time they're inevitable." It took me a while to pull myself together, but eventually I did.

I was always thinking of my father and worrying about him, but there was nothing I could do except pray that he was safe. Idella was right. He was smart. Her parents acted as if the war wasn't happening. Their minds were as isolated as their house, completely distant from the rest of the Wizarding World. Her siblings didn't seem concerned either. Annabelle was more focused on how her muggleborn boyfriend was doing. Emmie was a kiss-up to her parents and spent most of her time away from us. Wiley was still young but even he knew what was going on. Mr. and Mrs. Baynes always pushed his questions aside. For that reason alone I only told Idella about my dad. She simply told her parents my dad was traveling for the summer when they asked. They wouldn't understand the truth.

The two of us spent almost every minute thinking of the war and ones we loved. My dad was always on my mind and so was Kent. I was really worried about how Kent was doing. The muggle phone worked terribly...he was wrong, owls were much quicker. I think it had something to do with being far out in the woods. Annabelle had a muggle phone and said the 'service' was terrible or something along those lines. The number of words we could write was very limited. Most of my messages were a mix of "Are you safe?" or "I love and miss you". His messages were similar. Any response from him was relieving because it let me know he was safe.