Chapter Four

Really hope you're liking it. Had so much fun writing this story with all the twists in it and can't wait to bring in the other characters. Let me know your thoughts please! To your right is how I imagine Selina.

Chapter Four

After the sorting, the feast began and I have been waiting for this all summer. Unfortunately I slightly lost my appetite after seeing Grant again. Idella and Colin went on a walk by the coast shortly after they finished eating since it was still light outside. She invited me to come but I didn't want to be a third wheel so I stayed back. When I was dating Grant it was so much easier hanging out with the two. Now whenever I hung out with Idella and Colin I always felt like a third wheel. I turned to find Charlie but he took off with a few of his Quidditch friends, probably to plan out their upcoming season. And I was alone...

So I decided to leave the dining hall and get an early start on unpacking. It was nice to be back at school. The hallways were dark with dim candle lighting, but it felt just like home. "Friends ditch you already?" someone said from behind me and I turned to see Selina walking near me down the dark stone hall. Very surprisingly, she was alone as well.

"Could say them same for you as well," I added coolly. She looked confused for a second as she looked around, but quickly went back to her smug expression.

"They're waiting for me by the beach," she shot back with a smirk. We walked down the hall. Everyone knew we were cousins so no one ever seemed surprised when we would talk to each other, even if it was normally arguing. Students were rushing all around us in different directions. A group of older Eztoprea boys passed by us looking suggestively at Selina. Once again I rolled my eyes, not even wanting to know. She simply smirked back yet didn't give them a second glance. Her focus was ahead of her as seventh year Cole Damiano was passing. With an arrogant look upon his face he walked down the hall as if he owned the entire castle. "There is something I have to get in the dorm."

"Damiano?" I scoffed with a laugh.

"Shhh!" she snapped. "Keep your voice down. And yeah right," she added rolling her eyes at me..

"Then maybe you shouldn't stare off into the distance at him," I pointed out to her. "You were look-" At all costs I was planning to avoid Grant. Unfortunately he was turning the corner and walking my way. I went to step back and make a quick getaway as I watched Selina's face brighten. Immediately I regretted my comment about her staring at Cole.

"Well look who is coming our way," she said a bit louder than I would have hoped. There was no point in turning now, it just would have made the situation even worse. I was going to have to face him sometime, right? In such a small school it was unavoidable. We continued walking in the direction we were originally heading. Grant immediately spotted me and his green eyes were cold. "Hello there McQuinn," Selina said fearlessly. "Seventh year," she said shaking her head. "You're nearing the end."

"Thankfully," Grant muttered back in response.

"Selina. Bradley," Kent said coming up from behind Grant and nodding at us. His expression was much, much kinder and was making me feel a bit better. "Glad to see you two getting along so well, walking to your dorms together and all," he said with a laugh. I couldn't help but smile. I knew he was being sarcastic as he had to listen to me complain about her last year to Grant. Selina didn't seem to find it as funny as she stood their with an unamused look.

"Well if you three don't mind I have some business to attend to," Selina said coolly leaving us. For the first time in my life I wish she didn't leave me. I stood there awkwardly looking at Grant and Kent.

"Better get to that Quidditch pitch, right?" Kent said quickly looking over at Grant. "Great seeing you Bradley," he said with a smile. I mentally thanked him.

"Have a good practice," I said and then headed to the third floor Irdrea dorm rooms.

Taking longer than I planned, I unpacked everything I needed to. I was a bit of a neat freak when it came to my section. Unfortunately I couldn't control the entire room, but I always kept my section orderly. The house of Irdrea was located on the right side of the large castle, we got a beautiful view of the ocean. In the middle of the dorm was our sitting and studying area, to the right was boys and to the left was girls. Being a sixth year, we got a larger dorm room this year and it was divided up between the five of us: Eliza Duran, Agrona Walters, Ariella Pillem, Idella, and myself. We all got along well, but at times there was tension. That was to be expected with roommates.

Finally Idella got back around dinner time and couldn't stop talking about how amazing it was to be with Colin again. I couldn't deny my happiness for her, I was glad she had found someone she liked so much. During our third and fourth years she practically went through a different boyfriend every month. We went and sat in the sitting room, everyone was talking about their summers and whatnot. At dinner we sat with Eliza, Agrona, and Ariella. We spent the entire time talking about which classes we were talking and had a mental 'competition' to see who knew the most material already. We all wanted to be top of the class there was no denying that. Classes would begin in the morning. It was officially sixth year.

Early the next morning, I was awake far before Idella but I was not the first one up as a few of my other roommate's beds were empty and neatly made. I sat on my bed and reviewed my schedule once more. After a third attempt of waking her up, Idella did not move. My schedule was packed but it was to be expected. Our schedules rotated daily. Some days have less classes but for longer durations.

Bradley Willis: Sixth Year Schedule

Charms with Professor Septima Rastrick

Herbology with Professor Herman Cadwallader

Medical Approaches with Professor Alexandra Sheringham

Advanced History of Magic with Professor Reginald Dedworth

Lunch

Potions with Professor Herman Cadwallader

Advanced Care of Mythical Creature with Cressida Roberts

Ancient Archaeology with Professor Reginald Dedworth

Defense Against the Dark Arts with Professor Charles Halliwell

Normally where my third period was I would have a break, but I requested taking another elective. My mother was a muggle nurse and she was main reason I wanted to be a mediwizard. I always admired her ability to help patients without magic. What really caught my attention on the schedule was that they changed our usual Dark Arts class to Defense Against the Dark Arts. I suppose it all made sense though, in the midst of the war we have to learn how to defend ourselves and not just learn about the dark arts we are up against. Idella finally sat up in her bed. "Did you know they changed Dark Arts to Defense Against the Dark Arts?" I asked her. She rubbed her eyes and looked up at me.

"Interesting..." she replied curiously with a yawn.

"Well get dressed if you want to eat something before your first class," I said standing up completely starving. She groaned and pushed herself out of her bed. Looking in the mirror, it was weird to be back in our long black robes but I loved it all at the same time. Underneath you could see my blue button shirt showing that I was in Irdrea. I wondered what the teachers would discuss on the first day. Headmaster Elwood did mention they would be explaining to us what was really going on in the Wizarding World. By that he probably meant sugarcoating it so none of us panicked. I didn't want that though, I wanted the truth.