Chapter 3

Sam & Cat & the Haunted Thundermans: The Vandal Look Alikes

Chapter Three: What Makes You Think That I Did It!?!?!
Hank Thunderman POV

It was just a peaceful afternoon on Monday, December 8th, and I was just watching the news on the huge, black, 3D tv in my living room. Usually, I don't like to watch the news because I think that it is really monotonous, but I have to watch it, just in case they have any stories about criminals that need to be caught. Just as I was about to fall asleep out of boredom, I heard something on the tv that caught my attention.

"Earlier on in the week, on December 7th, in Swellview, New York, eight kids spray painted the wall of the historic Swellview Library," The newsman began, "We were told that the kids had no parental guidance whatsoever. As soon as the police had arrived on the scene, the children fled. Unfortunately, they were unable to catch them. The police then noticed that the children had spray painted the wall with hurtful things towards Thunder Man, a superhero that has been in retirement for quite some time now, and Captain Man, Swellview's beloved superhero."

"What!?!? They said mean things about me, the mighty Thunder Man!?!?" I asked, shocked, "This is an outrage!"

Deciding that this news story was important to me, I picked the long, black, plastic remote off of my brown, wooden coffee table and pressed the button on the remote that caused it to record the program that I was watching onto my DVR. Then all of the sudden, I heard a loud, "Thump, thump, thump!" come from the set of stairs that leads up to the second level of the house.

"What's wrong, Hank?" My wife, Barb, asked, as she and my stepdaughter, Carly Shay, ran down the steps.

"Yeah, what's wrong?"

"Shh!" I shushed them, "Just watch!"

Barb and Carly then ran down the steps, into the living room, sat down on the blue couch that I was sitting on, and began to watch the news with me.

"But, after looking at these photos that were sent to us by teenagers that were witnesses of the crime, we can conclude that those vandals might of been Carly Shay, Sam Puckett, Freddie Benson, Gibby Gibson, and their friends, who were all on the hit web show, iCarly," The newsman told his viewers, as pictures of the crime scene flashed across the screen.

Carly, Barb, and I all gasped. The pictures showed a bunch of kids that looked exactly like Carly, Sam, Freddie, Gibby, Max, Frankie, Taylor, and Dice that had a bunch of spray paint cans in their hands and were talking to an old woman. Also, they were standing next to a spray painted wall.

"The four other kids made an appearance on the final webcast of iCarly because they claim to be friends with Carly, Sam, and Freddie," A newswoman stated.

The newsman and woman then showed a small clip from the final webcast of iCarly. They only showed the part where Sam, Carly, Freddie, and Spencer were introducing Cat, Nona, Dice, Goomer, Michelle, Taylor, Frankie, Phoebe, Max, Nora, Barb, and I to their viewers.

"It appears that the other four kids names are Max Thunderman, Frankie Hathaway, Dice Corleone, and Taylor Hathaway," The newsman explained.

"But, Al, my children and I are huge fans of iCarly and I don't think that they would have done such a thing," the newswoman told the newsman, who's name was apparently Al, "Maybe Sam, but Carly, Freddie, and Gibby would never let her do such a thing!"

"I agree with you all the way on that one, Cathy, but I don't know anybody else that looks like them. Do you?"

"No, I don't," the newswoman, who's name was apparently Cathy.