24

Over the next few days Sherlock was having the time of his life. 

Reading the daily paper, reading the medical books, hiding from John, climbing and eating all the apples in the apple tree, and stealing Nicholas's stuff. Mostly his hats and boots since Sherlock liked to wear them.

It was a great week. 

But of course it had to come to an end. 

"Sherlock, it's just a simple trip to the neighboring kingdom", John chuckled out. 

"But that witch is there!", Sherlock cried out as he kicked his feet out of the carriage window. 

"Don't do that Sherlock?! You could loose a shoe!".

"So what? These shoes aren't even mine", Sherlock retorted. 

John sighed. 

"Nicholas?".

"Nicholas", Sherlock replied with a lazy smile on his face. 

John just groaned. 

"He's gonna beat you with a rake now".

"At least it's not a hoe".

John nodded. 

"But seriously get your damn feet back into the carriage", John demanded. 

"No".

After this five minutes of John trying to get Sherlock's feet back into the carriage and Sherlock trying to get his full body out the window ensues. 

Neither would admit this, but they both liked the feel of the other's hands on them. 

"I can see your brother's feet from here", Greg pointed out. 

Mycroft chuckled. 

"He used to do that all the time when he was little. He would whine and say 'I don't want to go! The king is a prick' and then he would try to jump out the window", Mycroft giggled. 

Greg loved it when Mycroft giggled.

"So, why are we going to the neighboring kingdom in the first place?", Greg asked. 

"Oh that's simple, it's just a simple stupid visit that my parents want to do. You know them, always wanting to visit there friends", Mycroft explained. 

Greg nodded, "At least it's near the ocean. It was getting pretty boring just seeing mountains and trees".

"True", Mycroft agreed.

In the king and queen's carriage, it was a blast. Each figuring out math problems, sneaking drinks of wine, and stealing each others hats. 

Not knowing the danger that was coming for them like a shark.