4

After Sherlock stalked away, the queen quickly started to go into the details of John's job. Don't let him go out of the castle grounds, it's to dangerous. Make sure he is eating properly. Check his mattress every week. And more and more and more.

John couldn't keep up with it all. 

John wanted to ask more, but he decided not to when the queen suddenly started to give directions to his room. 

"Go straight through the same door Sherlock did, walk up the stairs until you come across the first two doors. The one of the right is Sherlock's. The one on the left is yours. Got it?", she asked. John nodded. She smiled. 

"Good. Also, make sure he doesn't try to jump out a window again. Last time he did that the guard almost had a heart attack".

John walked up the stairs quickly. He first wanted to check on Sherlock though just encase he did decide to... well encase he intended to fall out of a window today.

Once he finally scaled all the stairs, he was faced with what he presumed to be Sherlock's door. John gulped a little. More thoughts bubble up to the surface. Each questioning his judgement. 

What if this is the wrong door? What if this is the other prince's door? What if-

"Stop your thinking guard, it is making my brain hurt", Sherlock hissed as he flung open the door. John stared up at him. Sherlock stared back.

It wasn't an awkward stare, one that John had feared it would be. Instead it was a stare of 'Oh, here you are. What are you doing here?' kind of stare. 

John cleared his throat. 

"I just wanted to make sure you were okay... you know because of all the-"

"Blood, yes I know. It's annoying. I'll take a bath later. Honestly how do you have such a hard time saying the word blood when your father's old war boots are covered in it".

John stared up at Sherlock puzzled look. 

But it was cut off with the slamming of Sherlock's door. 

John sighed. 

"I don't think I can do this...", he muttered. 

"You can't", Sherlock responded. 

The Prince - JohnlockOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara