John glared at the door in front of him. Prince Sherlock was a prick. That was for certain. But it didn't matter. He would guard him to his full extent.

Even if the prince was an ass.

John let out a little curse as he turned on his heel towards his own bedroom door. He reached for the handle, gave it a little twist, and walked right in.

It wasn't a beautiful room. But it was much better then the ones he usually received.

Sometimes a royal family would just give him a simple mat and blanket in the basement for a bed. The basements were always infested with rats. Made most of Johns life unbearable.

But this room was lovely.

The bed sheets were made and washed. A window at the far right had long blue curtains that dripped onto the floor. And, John truly loved this accessory to his bedroom, a big closet made of pure oak stood to the far left.

Most of the times John didn't have a closet. They just gave him a bag to put his belongings in.

But now that he had one, he wouldn't let it go to waste.

John got busy right after that.

So busy in fact that he didn't notice the sun sink behind the tall mountains.

Sherlock started out at the now dreary night sky. He knew he wouldn't get any sleep tonight.

His mind was running as fast as a fox running away from a hunting dog.

Why?

A simple answer really.

Sitting on his bedside table a small envelope sat there. Already opened with a large and ugly tear.

And next to that envelope laid the letter it once held.

It read;

"Did you miss me?".