23

John was somehow able to carry Sherlock to his room. He gently placed him onto his bed and did a quick sweep around of the room. 

He was now much more aware of the danger that could be aiming for the prince. 

When he deemed it safe, John shuffled back to his room. 

But he didn't do a good job. 

Sherlock was under the covers, sleeping a dreamless sleep. 

But a man was lurking.

Only one. 

The other one did not accompany him. 

He made sure he didn't. 

And by that he meant that he drugged him into a deep slumber.

The man tip toed over to Sherlock. 

He looked down at the sleeping prince. 

"Oh my... you're like sleeping beauty", he whispered as he leaned forward and placed a gentle kiss on Sherlock's forehead. 

"Don't worry Sherl. I won't do anything right now. I am waiting for the right time. I remember what you said to me... the last time I made that declaration. I am still going to do it. I have an army now. And we want the throne. But I want to share the throne with you. It only seems fair", the man whispered with a smile on his face. 

He then gently caressed Sherlock's cheek. 

"I just need to get rid of him so that we can win. So that we can rule together".

And just like that, the shadow was gone. 

Off into the night like all shadows should be.