Ch.27

Well, Mister Deidre Demetrio, entice us...

This music video by Bastille {Bad Blood} kind of reflects the vibe between Darren and Deidre and I just love Bastille anyway omfg <3

___________________

Darren Demetrio

"Deidre, I'm glad you finally made it il mio ragazzo." my mother spoke. She showered Deidre with kisses as he stared at me with a smirk. [My boy]

There's a reason I never speak of the prick chosen to be my older brother, I hated him. I'm the youngest, I'm supposed to be the one spoiled, but no. Deidre always took what I had. My first girlfriend who I fell in love with at the age of 13; convinced her to have sex with him and she forgot me.

"Why the fuck is he here?" I swore at my mother.

"Watch your mouth Darren-" Deidre started.

"No, you watch yours. Say my name again and I'll beat your fucking teeth in." I said.

"You were always the charmer Darren. No wonder girls fell into your arms. You got it from your older brother-"

"I'd rather be like dad than you, you shithead."

"It's funny how the girls would write your name but scream mine." he said. At that moment I wanted to twist his damn neck and throw his body in a pile of coal but I dealt with his remarks.

Like I always have.

"I'm here simply because I've been told by mother to take over our clothing industry, right mother?" he said.

She nodded while staring at me.

"What? Are you kidding me mamma? What am I supposed to do then?!" I asked. [Mother]

"Easy, take over dad's trafficking buisness in America and whatever other countries it is." Deidre said.

"Mother can you let me talk to Deidre alone?" I asked. She went into the room where the woman was supposedly, and closed the door behind her. I stared at the older image of myself and cringed.

"Caro Gesù! You've grown into quite the potty mouth." he said. [Dear Jesus]

"Only when I'm around fucktards like you."

He laughed heavily and smoothed his suit. He walked near me and put a hand on my shoulder which I jerked away.

"Hostile, I like that little brother. You were always in your own world as a kid." he said. "Remember when-"

"No."

"Let me finish, stupido." [Stupid] "Remember when Delina was alive?"

My heart stopped. Delina. My beautiful baby sister. My heart shatters everytime her name is mentioned, that's why we don't talk about her anymore. She was only 3 when it happened. She was so clumsy but intelligent. I was 8 years old.

I blame my mother everytime her name comes out someone's mouth. It's all my damn mother's fault; she could've still been alive right now.

It was a rather cold day here, I remember sitting by my father playing cards. He taught me how to gamble and survive, that man.

We watched A Bronx Tale over and over that day. He was tired of it but watched it for me. I even said my first swear word that day. I played with Delina for a few hours and let her tackle me until mom took her upstairs for a bath. I watched her in the tub while mom went to the next room to look through laundry.

A few minutes later, I walk away and Delina disappears. She somehow walks to the laundy room and yanks on cords she's not supposed to. No more Delina. She just so happened to pull the cord to the iron which was higher than her reach.

My mother's screams put me and my father at pause at we raced upstairs. My father went in front of me as I tried to look around his larger frame. I only saw blood before my mother's knees hit the ground.

"Hey dumbass, listening?" Deidre snapped. "We're doing this for Delina."

"This is bull, even if she couldn't understand, she wouldn't want us to exploit girls like her to filthy swine-"

"Well it's not like we can change our family Darren! You think I've always been an asshole? I had been looking after the you my whole fucking life after she died! Dad moved after mom had a depression phase and left us for shit.

"She put a smile on her face just to reassure you that she was ok. You didn't think I wanted to cry in mom's arms either?! I loved Delina, she was the only sister I had. But now I realize that every person in my life either wants me for money or to hurt me Darren!" my brother said. His voice cracked as I shut my mouth for the first time.

"I'm only here because I want to make money doing what's appropriate. If you don't want to be in this industry, tell fucking dad. You think you're such a man, stick up to him." he said. He went inside the room as I trailed behind him slowly.

I closed the doors to see a broad of a woman sitting in the chair drinking a glass of water given to her. She smiled to me and I frowned in response. Deidre was right, I have to do what I have to do to be happy. My only happiness right now is Juliana; but I want to be completely happy, not partially.

_________________

Juliana Garrett

"Jared, are you ready yet?" I yelled upstairs. I heard his footsteps and started walking to the door. We never spend time together so we decided to go to the bowling alley tonight.

"I wanna drive." he said. I handed over the keys and walked out first so he could lock the door. We got in the car and drove off. The only problem with both of us in the car, was the music.

He plugged his phone in and out came, 'Candy Shop' by 50 Cent .

"Really? Change this to some Vampire Weekend." I said.

"Ain't nobody wanna listen to ya' gay ass music." he said. I gasped.

"Your music's gay."

"That's a lie but think whatever you want." he said. I rolled my eyes and sat in silence to his playlist of throwback music. We got to the alley shortly and got our shoes, balls, and lane before starting up. I ran to the bathroom first and got a call from an international number.

I know it's Darren and I want to ignore it, but I need to talk to him and hear his voice.

"Hello?" I asked. International calls are expensive as hell; I'll be getting a phone bill soon.

"Baby?" he said. "God I miss you."

"Same. I'm still mad at you."

"You deserve to be, but I didn't want to become attatched right after we made love. It would've broken me." he spoke.

"I understand. Just, don't do it again, come back home soon."

"About tha-"

"I have to go, Jared and I are out, hanging. I love you." I said, hanging up quickly. I knew if I stayed on longer, I probably would've been on for the rest of the night.

I walked out and went back to the lane we were at before starting off.

"Whoever loses owes the winner the car for the week." I said.

"There's only two weeks left but I guess if you want to lose, okay." he smirked.

Our night of competition began.

_________________