Ch.8

Juliana Garrett

It was the Monday back from spring break. It had been a long day and I barely heard from Darren the last week or two. It's like he dropped off the face of the earth.

My mom came home days ago and apologized for not updating us. She had another last minute work trip and ended up getting in an accident with her coworkers, explaining a cut on her lip.

Jared got his car back and stopped pestering me, finally. We drove on our own to school today since he had baseball tryouts during his last two periods of class.

"How's your day so far kind?" I asked Ginger's brother Granger who was a freshman this year.

"I guess it's fine, I wish you guys warned me about Mr. Tomas before I started this semester. I would've chose another elective." He laughed. "So can you put me on with that bad bitch Taliya in y'all class."

Ginger flicked him in the ear, telling him not to call girls bitches. 

I was about to answer his silly question before I caught Hector waving me to come over where he was.

"Now what is that about?" Ginger said looking back at me.

"I don't know but let me find out. Maybe it's some tea." I got up and walked to Hector who walked out of view from Ginger and Granger.

"What's up?" I said walking to him.

"Yeah. Look about that kickback, I feel so weird the last few weeks just not talking to you. I'm sorry about what we did and it should've never went down that way. Like you're cool and all but I've really been feeling Laura. I just want you to know I'm cool on my side if you are." 

To be honest, I was completely okay with it. I wasn't the first few days but this is high school. People can date, lick, suck who they want. He didn't owe me an explanation. 

"Absolutely, I'm kinda grossed out by what we did but I mean it happened." I laughed. He gave me a side hug and I walked back to the cafeteria table.

"What's up with him?" Ginger asked, taking a sip of her water bottle.

"I don't know. He wanted to talk about how weird it's been the last few weeks since the kickback. I honestly hadn't gave it any mind. I've been focused on my own boyfriend." I said, waiting for her to catch the 'boyfriend' part.

"Bitch, shut up." 

"Oh so you can call girls bitches but I can't-"

"Shut the fuck up Granger. Hoe you did not tell me that, who ?"

I looked at her like she was stupid. "Darren, who else. Ya'll literally put me on to that psychopath. It's been pretty cool lately with him. I mean we haven't really talked but things are okay."

"Have y'all-" She started, pushing her tongue against her cheek.

"Yeah I'm out." Granger said, walking away from the table and leaving us laughing.

"No, but I feel like we will soon. And you know you'll get the details once I do." I said.

We finished our lunch and went out separate ways for the day.

Time went by quickly and I got a text from Darren saying we needed to talk and that he'd be by my house once I was home. I was expecting the worse considering we hadn't had sex yet.

 It was about 4p by the time I got home and prioritized my homework in order to relax for the rest of the evening. I change into some leggings and a sports bra and sat on the couch until Darren arrived.