Ch. 5

Enjoy this chapter!

____________________

Juliana Garrett

It was the day of the kickback and I put the finishing touches on my outfit. I just wore some ripped jeans and a bodysuit to stay comfortable. I paired with some converse and my hair in a simple ponytail.

It was majority of friends just coming over, so I felt comfortable enough to not have to overdo anything. As time went by, our guests started to arrive. My few friends came, but then a ton of other people I hadn't even had a conversation with.

Leave it to Jared to potentially fuck up something good. I pulled him to the side in our kitchen.

"Jared, fuck face, how many people did you invite?"

"Like 20 what about you?" 

"Less than 5! Jared all these people won't be able to stay in our house, the neighbors will see all these cars on our street! You literally are about to get us in some shit we could've avoided."

"Calm down, I told them to park a few streets down from our house and walk to the house." He responded, as I groaned in frustration. "Now stop stressing and let's get this kickback kickin'." 

We brought some more snacks out of the kitchen and presented them on the kitchen island. I double checked that all the room doors were locked before joining everyone back downstairs.  

I changed the station to '50 Cent Radio' and put my phone in my back pocket.

More people knocked on the door and I went to answer. It was the guy I met in the hall, Hector. He smiled while holding a variety pack of Seagrams in his hands as I invited him in.

"Hey, nice to see you, come on in!" I said. I walked him to our kitchen and open the pack of Seagrams and putting some in the fridge.

"I didn't know Jared was your brother." 

"Yeah unfortunately, I'm surprised you hang out with him since he's so weird." I laughed. We chatted a bit more before he asked me if I wanted to go in the living room with everyone else.

We sat next to eachother on the couch as 'I'm Real' by JLo and Ja Rule played. He got up, grabbing my hand, dancing and singing the lyrics. More of our friends joined in singing and vibing with each other.

"I didn't realize you could dance to this." I laughed, talking over the music. He continued to sing and spun me in his arm before going back out. It was nice, he made me feel extremely comfortable for the short time we knew each other.

I watched Jared uncomfortably watch us dance and roll his eyes at me before talking with his friends.

Tonight seemed like one of those nights to definitely remember; it was a great start to our year.

____________________

Darren Demetrio

"What else can I help you with?" The cashier asked me, batting her lashes. I needed to clear my head and decided to get my car gased before heading home. 'Anika' was the name on her badge. 

"MS or Muratti please, 1 pack short. If not those get me Marlboro Red, shorts. A box of those Trojan Magnum too." I smirked at her as she turned bending over. 

My eyes immediately shot to her backside and I stared at her figure as she came back up, staring below my waist.

"I wonder who the lucky girl is tonight." she commented.

"Want to find out?" I said.

She was taken back by my comment but smiled back. She walked around the store making sure no one was in there, locked the door, and flipped the sign on the front to say 'Closed'.