Ch. 6

Weeks later*

It's been a crazy few weeks. We had a few extra days off from classes this weekend due to spring break approaching.

After the kickback, mom came home and we acted like nothing happened. Laura and Hector decided to start seeing eachother a few days ago exclusively. I was kind of bothered by it but I mean it wasn't in my control.

I was hurt but then I had to sit back and reevaluate myself and my own actions.

Darren and I still haven't done anything past a bit of foreplay. I think we're friends with benefits but it's not really benefiting him, he's only been the one giving pleasure over receiving.

I'm tempted to touch him and beg for him to take my virginity, but we're not even dating. I would want it to be special.

It's Saturday, finally, and I was carefree this weekend. Darren invited me over earlier and so I sat in his living room with him to try and establish some kind of relationship we were having. He eventually got up and began to make something for lunch.

The smell of bell peppers and onions filled the air. After knowing him the last few weeks to months, I knew he was going to pair them with pasta and some type of sauce.

"Darren, can I ask you something?" I said from the living room.

"Sure."

"What happened before you came over my house to the kickback? Who did you use that condom with?" 

He didn't answer immediately, causing my own feelings to be hurt. I got up and walked to where he was in the open kitchen. 

"Hello?" I said.

"It wasn't anyone, it was not a big deal Juliana. Dio mio." [My God]

"Are you sure? Because it's a big deal to me considering you've been eating me out on the regular and telling me how much you want me."

"If I say no, drop it." he snappily replied.

I creased my eyebrows at his response and took a second to process what I was going to say next.

He grabbed plates from the cabinets and began to add food on the plates.

"I lost my appetite." I said, preparing to walk out the kitchen. 

"Juliana ENOUGH. ENOUGH with this princess attitude. I am so tired of it, devi crescere dio mio." he said. [You need to grow up, my God] 

"Don't talk to me like tha-"

I started to say before he stepped to me, looking down at me angrily. My eyes started to water out of frustration and he stepped back.

"Juli I'm sorry. Please don't cry."

"I'm not about to cry because I'm sad Darren. I'm about to cry because I want to hit you in your got-damn mouth." I said with my voice cracking. "This is just so confusing to me and I don't know what we're doing. I shouldn't have to be unsure about what our status is."

He took a moment before speaking.

"Juliana, my dear, I am sorry. I'm not very good with this stuff. But I do care for you and want you to realize that."

He took one of my hands in his, kissing my fingers.

"I want you to be mine. We can go as slow as you want, but please know that I care for you. I know I haven't shown it but I am trying."

I looked away for a moment, thinking whether or not I should believe him at all.

"Please bella, say something to me." [Beautiful]