Ch.19

2 Weeks Later*

Juliana Garrett

"So you and Laura are still mad?" Ginger asked as we got our nails done. Prom was tomorrow, Saturday, and I was nervous as hell for it; the reason, I don't even know. In moments like this, I just wish my mom was here to see me go to prom with Darren and take dozens of pictures. But she wasn't, and I don't know when I'll see her again.

"I'm not even mad really. She went off on me because I was trying to look out for her and then she just stops talking to me. Hector has something to do with this because she never acted like this when she was dating Kevin." I responded. I watched as the woman decorated my middle finger applying a silver diamond; classy enough to flip people off.

"So much for all going to prom together."

My toes were drying under the table as were Ginger's and I thought to myself, where the hell was Darren? I hadn't seen him since school yesterday or heard from him. I just hope he's not hurt or in any trouble.

__________________

Darren Demetrio

"Tell me where you fucking saw her last!" I told the man. I had the crowbar in my hand ready to take another swing at this swine. I needed answers from anyone knowing where Juliana's mother was. What street she's working on, who's she working for, and who picks her up everyday.

"I swear I only saw her two days ago a few miles up the road." he said. I shook my head and wiped the sweat off my forehead and neck before hitting him again, and putting him to 'sleep'. I nodded at one of my dad's 'henchman' and he grabbed the crowbar from me as I left out this room we did 'buisness' in.

I want Juliana's mother because Juli continuously complained and cried over where her mother was this past week and I'm not supposed to disclose any type of info to her. I already had a limo for Renaldo, his date, Juli, and myself scheduled to pick us up tomorrow. All I needed was her mother to make her evening worth the while; of course my father was going to be here to see me with her, but there's something about a mom that makes you feel special-er.

I picked up my phone and dialed Juliana's number. I wanted to get her pampered before prom tomorrow and make sure she was treated like the princess she was.

"Hello, Darren?" she answered.

"It's me, wha-"

"Where the fuck have you been, not texting me or-" I pulled the phone from my ear and sat it on my nightstand to let her talk. I took off my sweaty shirt and threw it on the ground. I waited for another minute and put the phone back up to my ear.

"-I just want things perfect." she said starting to cry.

"I understand everything you are saying honey, that's why I want to get you ready for tomorrow." I said as if I was listening to her. When a woman argues with you, just listen to her and nod as if you care. Believe me, I care, just not when she's screaming in my damn ear.

"What do you mean, I'm getting my hair done right now." she said. I was going to get that done for her as well. I was going to get her a mani-pedi as they call it, her hair done, a bikini wax, and a massage at this spa my mother used to go to. But whooptie-fucking doo, she's doing it all on her own.

"Then we'll get you pampered again."

"Darren that's not necessary and it's a waste of money and appointments."

"I don't give a merda [shit], you are getting dolled up for me. If you love me, you'll go along with it." I said. Even though she hasn't confessed with her mouth, her actions tell me she really does love me.