Warmth & Jealousy

art by: muffinabucket

thanks for reading! glad y'all liked the last oneshot even though i detested it. here's the part two a lot of you asked for!

prompt: part 2 to the demon au
————

Zak woke up to his phone going off. Groggily, he reached over to the desk blindly and clicked the power button, ignoring whoever was calling.

He felt the warm body under him shake and he suddenly remembered what happened last night. Opening his eyes, he looked up at Darryl whose face held evidence of light laughter.

"What's so funny?" Zak asked with a raised eyebrow. He squeezed Darryl into a tight hug, making the demon let out a tiny squeal.

"N-nothing! Humans are just much more adorable than I could have imagined." Darryl wrapped his arms around Zak, making sure he stayed warm.

Before Zak could respond, his phone began ringing again. He groaned and picked it up, sitting up on Darryl's lap. The demon loosened his grip on Zak and watched him curiously.

Zak glared at the name on the screen before hitting answer. "Hello?" He mumbled before pulling the phone away as a loud French accent screamed through the speaker.

"Dude!! It's too early for this!" Zak giggled, putting the phone back to his ear. A few moments of silence came as Zak listened to the man on the other end of the line. Darryl took the time to study his features. Dark, raven hair crumpled in a fluffy mess. Smooth light caramel skin.

He couldn't seem to get tired of looking.

"Okay, but if your coming over can you try to fix my thermostat?" Zak whined, looking directly into Darryl's eyes. It made the demons heart stop and his face flush. He didn't understand what he was feeling, but he definitely didn't want it to stop.

"C'mon, dude! Please just try! I know you're good with wiring and tech stuff!" Zak continued, breaking eye contact. "Okay, okay, just hurry!" He sighed.

And with that, the call was ended. Zak buried his head into Darryl's chest again, appreciating the warmth for a moment. "Is everything okay?" Darryl asked, looking down at the cold muffin mortal.

"Yeah, my friends coming over because he left something here." Zak frowned and shot his head up, looking at Darryl. "And you cannot be seen in this creepy demon cloak, Darryl." The short boy stood, wrapping the blanket around himself and going to his closet. He pulled out a light blue hoodie with a funny face at the top, throwing it to Darryl. "Put this on instead."

Darryl's eyes lit up, recognizing the Minecraft character instantly. "Skeppy!" He cheered, clutching it to his chest.

Zak giggled at him. "What the heck! You're so cute!"

Darryl shook his head. "I'll have you know I am the opposite of cute."

Zak made a face. "And that is?"

The demon thought for a moment before snapping his finger like a light bulb turned on in his brain. "Hardcore!"

The mortal shook his head and giggled harder. "Hurry up and put that on! I'm gonna freeze!" He whined out.

Standing up quickly, Darryl slipped off his cloak and threw the hoodie on over his black turtle neck. The color felt unfitting for him, a demon, but he liked it anyway. "Do I look like a normal human now?" He asked, looking across the room to Zak.

The shorter boy was blushing hard, looking Darryl up and down. "U-uhm," he paused, eyes glued to his hoodie, "Yeah! Dude, totally. But we should get you some glasses. You look like a creep squinting all the time."