Swicthed

My last soulmate au before I'm starting with the requests I got :)

Prompt: if you're taking to long to get with your soulmate, the universe will randomly have the two of you switch places, regardless of where you are or what you are doing, thus forcing you two to realize and meet up.

————

Darryl yawned, feeling a bit sick for a split second. He wiggled around in confusion, trying to piece together why he was sitting up instead of laying down in bed where he had been fast asleep seconds ago.

Rubbing his eyes, he felt the cold floor against his feet and winced.

"Am I... in a chair..?" He questioned, peeking an eye open.

A bright light hit him and he instantly closed his eyes again with a groan.

Realizing something was definatley not right, he forced his eyes open, desperately trying to adjust to the bright light in front of him.

"My computer..?" He mumbled, squinting. He noticed Minecraft was pulled up, but he didn't recognize what server he was on, and he didn't really care either.

"Am I dreaming?" His mind questioned as he searched around for more clues.

His eyes landed on a second monitor, showing a fast chat going by that was full of blurry question marks.

"I-I'm streaming!" He shouted in fear, waking himself up more. "How can I not remember streaming?? Did I sleep start playing Minecraft?"

Next to him on the desk sat a bottle of water. He picked it up and chugged it, hoping for it to help him clear his head in some way.

After that didn't seem to help, he opted to pinch himself.

He still remembered nothing, and he felt the pain, so there was no way he was still asleep having some kind of nightmare.

Looking at his livestream, he saw he had facecam open.

"I never do facecam! And I never stream this late!!"

He shyly fixed his hair in the camera, wanting to look more presentable to the surprise audience.

"Sorry, muffins. I'm not really sure what's going on to be honest. I think I'm going to end the stream." He softly smiled, masking his anxiety to the viewers.

He made vain attempts to read the chat, but everything was blurry without his glasses.

"Just nod and smile!" His brain screamed, as he forced his smile bigger, pretending like he was reading whatever the chat was saying.

After saying bye a few more times, he clicked end on the stream with a relieved sigh.

Zak rubbed his eyes, suddenly staring up at a dark ceiling while laying in bed instead of sitting in front of his bright monitor.

He felt incredibly dizzy and sick, almost enough to throw up. "Was I dreaming about streaming?"

Shutting his eyes tight, he rolled over in the sheets and noticed they smelt like a soft cinnamon. It was oddly comforting, and it made the sick feeling in his gut go away instantly.

Oddly though, he didn't remember going to bed—and the dream about streaming felt very real. He even remembered every detail.

With worried eyebrows, he sat up and searched the nightstand for his phone in the darkness.