Coffee and Crushes

art by: @_ComaToast_ on twitter

14k VIEWS babey

prompt: coffee shop au
hi yes in this story they do not know each other
————

Zak had been dragging Vincent to the same coffee shop for weeks now.

This was weird, because Zak didn't even drink coffee that much. At least, not enough to go to the same place at the same time every single morning, almost five times a week.

Something weird was going on, and Vincent needed to understand.

When they ordered, he scanned the room, paying attention to whatever Zak was paying attention to. Vincent turned around in the booth they were in to look at the front counter, where a light brown haired guy in glasses stood, cleaning the desk.

He looked back to Zak, raising an eyebrow. Zak's held a small smile. He looked gooey.

"What is this?" Vincent asked, looking between the two again. "Is this why you have been dragging me here?" He crossesd his arms.

Zak stopped staring at they guy and finally looked to Vincent. "I have no idea what you mean."

"Do not make my brain hurt, ok?" Vincent said. Zak rolled his eyes.

"So you like him, huh?" Vincent piped up again. Zak's eyes widened.

"Shut uP!" He whisper screamed. "He's coming over here!" Zak looked away instantly, staring down at the table. Vincent looked directly at the man who brought them their coffee, reading his name tag.

"Darryl." Vincent said. The man nodded.

"Nice to meet you! Can I get you anything else?" He asked politely, ignoring the anti social Zak.

"Well I'm fine, but he," Vincent gestures to Zak, "wants your phone number." Darryl's face turned red, and so did Zak's.

Zak stood up, slamming his hands on the table. "He's just joking!" He laughed loudly. Darryl awkwardly nodded and walked away.

Zak sat back down and glared at Vincent. "What the heck is wrong with you?" He asked, annoyed.

"Hey, at least he knows who you are now." The French man smiled.

The next day they visited around the same time. After they ordered, Zak sat down on his usual side of their booth, starting to already stare and sneak glances at Darryl. He was being so obvious about his crush.

"Why are you so thirsty?" Vincent smirked, finally fed up with the constant staring.

Zak choked on air.

"How do you know that word in English?!" He asked, coughing awkwardly. He knew his face was bright red.

Vincent smiled, but didn't respond. Zak calmed himself down, scrolling through Twitter on his phone until he noticed Darryl coming over to them with their coffee.