Chapter Thirty-Two: Painful Memories

Memory

We were at school. It was Junior year and Rey was planning on taking me to Hugo's party. It was Friday and Hugo always had the craziest parties but I couldn't go this time. I had to stay home and play nurse to my dog Bonbon, who was really sick. I loved that dog more than I loved my parents and I couldn't let him be alone when he was miserable and sick. Rey was disappointed but he only gave me the sweetest smile and said he'd stay home with me.

“No, you should go. It's your friend after all” I told him, sitting on the hood of his car.

“But-” he started to protest. I held a finger up to his lips.

“I trust you” I said simply. He leaned in to kiss me and I kissed back with vigor. I loved him so much and I trusted him with my heart and life. He grinned when he pulled away.

“You know, you only need a pair of Daisy Dukes and a wet T-shirt to complete the look” he nodded at my pose on his 'classic' car. I rolled my eyes but smiled all the same.

“Maybe if you're a good boy, I'll get you some pictures for your birthday” I teased lightly.

“As long as you only give them to me” he mumbled, going in for another kiss.

“Jealous?” I teased, biting my lip a little.

“Hell yeah” he gave me another kiss before he reluctantly left for the party.

I stayed at home, tending to my poor dog and watching horror and rom-com movies. I snorted at one of the rom-com movies. Some guy cheats on his sweet girlfriend and she is totally broken. Of course, she finds the perfect man and it sets off a serious of hilarious events of her trying to get him. I snort again. See, that would've never happened to me and Rey. We trusted each other and we loved each other. He'd never sleep with anyone other than me and I'd never even look at another guy. I spent my evening happily watching movies and eating a ton of popcorn.

The next day the school was buzzing with gossip about the party. Hugo had the biggest smirk on his face and he pinched a few girl's asses as he passed them, winking at them and making them blush. I guess he got some last night. He walked with us, siding with Rey while Rey had his arm around my shoulder. I passed a few girls and they stopped what they were doing to point at us and whisper. My eyebrows creased. What were they talking about? It bugged me but I let it go.

I was walking in the bathroom, picking a stall and trying to desperately fix my bra before the bell rang. Rey had really gotten carried away in his car that morning and I was trying to yank everything back in place before I had to face people. I heard some voices, obviously a small group of girls who wanted to gossip. I rolled my eyes and was about to get out of the stall when something stopped me.

“You wouldn't believe how good he is in bed” one of the girls said. What could I say? I was girl like every other and gossip was gossip. I put my ear closer to the crack in the stall.

“Really? I thought he was really devoted to his girl” one of the other girls said, shock written all over her voice. The first girl snorted.

“Obviously not. He just couldn't keep his hands off me. You know, I don't even think they have sex. They couldn't be by how many times he did me last night. That boy is like the energizer bunny. He kept going and going and going” the first one said with a giggle.

“But they look so happy. I saw them walk in with Hugo and he was holding her like she was some kind of treasure” a third girl spoke up. My stomach started to sink. They couldn't possibly be talking about-?

“Well Annabelle obviously doesn't treat him that well if he was looking to hook up last night. Everyone is talking about how he was with me” the first one said, satisfaction clearly written all over the slut's voice. She was happy that she was the center of attention.