Chapter Thirty-One: Prelude to a Kiss

Annabelle POV

I was still on the chair, wondering what the hell just happened and where we were supposed to go from there, when the door opened as quietly as it could and Adrian came in. He looked like he was doing his best not to disturbed any sleeping vampires in the room, namely the prin- err the king. He looked so cute like that. He almost reminded me of someone I used to know. It bugged me that I couldn't remember exactly who it was but I let it go. There was no way I ever knew this guy before I showed up here.

“Where have you been?” I asked him. He jumped a mile in the air and turned to me guiltily.

“The kitchens” I perked up at that.

“Yeah? How Momma and the girls?” I asked eagerly, since the chance I would get to see them soon was slim. The prin- the king had flipped his lip last time. Adrian smiled at me.

“You know them?” he asked, sitting on the chair next to mine when I gave him permission. He was like a well trained dog and while I hated to think it, it was somewhat true. I had a feeling that if I asked him to jump, he'd reply “How high?”.

“I ran from this damned room once and I found the kitchens. That's when I met Lynn, Mani, and Momma” I answered him.

“They're okay. Lynn actually just became Jason's feeder” he relaxed into his chair. I nodded and leaned back, feeling a little drowsy.

“That's good. He'll be good to her” I said.

“Yeah. Oh, and Mani is dating a servant named Drew” I drew up sharply at that. I detected far more than a bit of jealousy in his voice.

MINE! roared through my mind. He was mine! My eyes narrowed at him.

“Did you have a thing with Mani?” I asked him. Or really, it was more like a hiss. He gulped but nodded.

“Yeah. I've been living here for a while and she was my girlfriend when I started out here” he said softly. Before I even knew what I was doing, I got to my feet and went over to where he was seated. He looked at me with a tinge of fear and lust in his eyes. I knew my veins came out and the itchy feeling in my gums warned me about my fangs as well. My eyes narrowed farther when I noticed he'd covered my bite marks. My vampire was not happy about this. Not at all. The bite marks signified ownership and this boy was mine.

“Who covered those up?” I asked him, voice more a hiss than anything, pointing to his neck. He swallowed and answered.

“Mani” that was it for me. I went over to where he sat and sat on him, legs on either side of him, focused on making the mark more prominent. He wasn't going to cover it up again. Not if I had anything to do about it. His eyes were wide as I ripped off the wrapping around his marks. I eyed it for a minute before striking and sinking my teeth into him. He whimpered and held on to me with a tight grip as I gleefully ripped into him. He leaned his head back in pleasure, moans making their way from his throat. I adjusted myself and got a better angle before going for the prize. My teeth mangled his skin but the amount of saliva I was giving off made him feel nothing but ecstasy. He moaned a moved against me, making it better for himself. I was too into my possessive frenzy to care what he did. I hated to admit it but God knows I was insanely jealous as well. Mani had no right to him anymore, no woman did. He was mine and mine alone. His grip on me got tighter and so did his movements.

“Oh God, please don't stop!” he shouted, rutting against me harder, almost roughly. Dear God, was he close to finishing? How weird was that? I didn't know he could get off from just a bite. I thought you could get close but not quite there. It was a wonder to me but stopping never entered my mind once. This felt good and it satisfied that crazy vampy urge I had going on. I sank in my teeth until they were fully emerged and sucked hard. That was enough for him. He gave a desperate shudder and shouted out my name. I could feel a distinct wetness against me and although my inner vamp pouted about it, I knew I had to get off him. He needed to clean up and I needed to stop before he got seriously sick from blood loss. I licked him enough to heal the worst of the mangled skin but not enough to erase my bite marks. I smiled proudly. Four bright red fang marks. Perfect. I almost purred in pure delight. I wasn't done though. I took his cheeks in a tight grip with one hand.

“Never cover these up again. And don't let any other woman touch you or I will be seriously pissed” I told him sternly. He nodded, dazed from his orgasm and not really paying attention. I moved to get off him but he held on to me, not letting me go. He suddenly looked a lot more awake. He moved forward and I didn't get his intention until his soft lips touched mine. My eyes went wide, both of them and wide as plates. Where did this come from? I pulled back.

“Adrian, I don't know-” I started. He had this determined look in his eyes and he shook his head.

“I know that you'd probably rather be with Rey right now but I-” I tuned the rest out. Rey. That filthy cheating hypocrite. Suddenly I wanted to get back at him. Though I myself had cheated, at least I felt like the awfullest person in the world because of it. Rey just kept shoving it in my face while conveniently forgetting his own mistake. I stopped Adrian's ramblings with a kiss. He kissed back immediately, hugging me close, letting go of my hips. I crushed myself down on his still hard self and we both moaned. His hands stayed put, not moving to grope me like Rey would be by now. I moved them myself, putting them firmly on my butt. He made a small noise and squeezed. I nearly jumped. It felt so different, doing this with another guy. But I just remembering that night that I couldn't go to Rey's friend Hugo's party. And I left him alone. And he had made the biggest mistake in our relationship. I couldn't stop thinking about it and how hurt I was and that only fueled the fire to be with this sweet guy. Now that I'd basically given him permission, his hands wandered at will. He latched on to my breasts, squeezing and pinching. I broke our kiss to gasp. He took advantage of this to move his head down and suck on my neck. I bit my lip and moved his head lower. He obliged. I could feel it. The wetness between my thighs. I had a hard time believing all this was happening. The only man I've ever wanted to be with is Rey. Where did Adrian fit into all of this? He ground against me and I practically purred in pleasure. My vamp purred too and pushed back. I still had to establish ownership. This was the best way to do it. Mind made up and vamp firmly taking hold of the reins of my body, I ripped at his shirt, wanting it off so I could touch all the warm skin he had. So firm. So warm. So tempting. I wanted all of him. He let a small surprised sound but he went with it. He got started on the buttons of the skimpy thing I had on. I shook my head and just took off the panties I wore underneath. He nearly moaned and, biting his lip, reached under to touch me. I tensed, expecting the pleasure that came with the act but what I least expected was the king lifting me off him. His eyes were furious and he threw my panty-less ass over his shoulder. I wasn't even embarrassed that everyone was taking a nice look at my behind. No, I was just as mad as he was.

“What the hell do you think you're doing?” I snarled at him. He threw me on the bed.

“I could ask you the same thing” he told me, absolutely livid.

“I was showing that bitch that Adrian is mine!” I didn't even know where I was getting this from. I couldn't possibly care about what Mani thought, right? She could have him.

NO! everything inside me shouted. I almost winced at the sound. I noticed that Adrian was still on the chair looking as dazed as I've ever seen him. The king relaxed.

“Oh. I get it. Your vamp is getting possessive because of the bond” he nodded to himself as if that made perfect sense to him and he climbed in bed, rolling away from me to go back to sleep. Bond? WTH? I looked at Adrian.

“Do you know what a bond is?” I asked him. He stared at me with the dreamiest expression I've ever seen.

“Yeah. I do” that's all he told me before he got up, holding a pillow to his lap. I grinned at him as he went through the door to his room.

*****

I was wide awake. I couldn't go to sleep at all, couldn't even try. Memories swirled around my mind. Especially the party. I stared at the ceiling and unwillingly let the memory play out.

This was a lot longer but I'm cutting it to two parts since the memory is next and it's longer than my three-four page limit. I'll upload it soon, promise. Hope you liked it! :) P.S; How are we liking Adrian now?