Chapter Twenty-Three: Cheating Vampire Bastard

Something woke me up. I reached out with my arms, eyes closed, seeking the comfort of having someone else in the bed with you but my hands touched nothing but air. Where was the prince? I opened my eyes up slowly. I didn't want to be awake right now, it was still light outside. I was supposed to stay asleep. I sat up and decided to get a drink of water from the sink. Maybe that would help me get back to bed. I had to pass the one door that I hadn't opened yet to get to the bathroom. I found out what woke me up. Some strange feeling took over my body as I slowly went over to the door and turned the knob. I opened it and what do I find? The prince and the feeder slut screwing in a small bed in the small room. His head was firmly attached to her neck. Feeding, I guess. I watched them with the sense of detached calm you have when watching a natural disaster. I slowly closed the door again, making sure that not one sound was made from the movement. They wouldn't have noticed. They were so loud. I got to the closet, not the bathroom, and sat down, buried in the countless dresses in there. I felt oddly traumatized. Did loyalty mean nothing to the prince? Was he just going to screw every female in his path? The thought disturbed me. I didn't even know why. I just sat there, calm, quiet, not moving an inch right between two silk gowns. I had no idea what time it was nor how long I was in the closet but I did know the exact moment they were done. Like I said, they were loud and it was easy to notice the absence of their... noise. I heard the slut talking to the prince. He answered and I heard them kissing, moaning a little. I was so buried in the gowns that I didn't see one bit of any of this even though the door was wide open. I got up, quiet as a mouse, and picked out a light summer dress from the clothes I had. I needed space. I changed quickly, before the prince could notice I was gone from my bed. I was sure that the door was open. The prince didn't seem like the type of man that escorted a lady to the door and it couldn't be opened from the inside unless you had the key. She wouldn't have a key and he'd be too lazy, tired and sated from their tryst, to open it for her. I still felt that unnatural calm as I opened the door and made my way out. The prince could kiss my ass. I may hate him but that gave him no right to sleep around. We were engaged. I frowned. I seriously did not know where these emotions of caring and possessiveness came from. They certainly were not mine. I was one hundred percent sure that I hated him. There was no way I could possibly care for him. The thing is, that the farther I got from our room, the easier it was to just hate him and not really care about his infidelity. I was going to have to find out if he could screw around with my emotions while I was close to him. It made sense. The first time I saw him, he messed with my head so that I wanted him worst than I wanted anything else in my life. He could certainly mess with me to start to believe that I cared for him. He was a bloody vampire after all. I kept turning to the right every time there was a choice to, just so that I would know how to get back. Maybe there was an exit around here and Rey wouldn't even have to get his ass over here. It was just twisty halls, one right after the other. It was the classic scary castle inside. Right out of a scary vampire movie. The halls were dim with only the occasional window covered with heavy drapes. The walls were poorly lit with the candles mounted on the plaster walls. Every other wall would be nothing but heavy brick. It was spooky to say the least. Especially since I was in this tiny little summer dress, the most covering one that I found. Just call me Stacy the Bimbo (No offense meant for any girl named Stacy) from scary movies and than call me Butchered by Scary Monsters. There was light up ahead so I guess that was a good thing. I kept walking and was immersed in heat and delicious smells. I smiled. I loved kitchens. I walked slowly, trying to find something that I could snack on when a large woman blocked my path. She looked so intimidating that I stopped cold in my tracks.

“What do you think you are doing, missy? You are supposed to be asleep” she scolded. I hung my head in shame. I didn't even know this woman and here she was, yelling at me and I actually felt bad. She looked like such a mom.