Chapter Eight: Why does Life hate me?

I had to change the title of my story because it was too long and unoriginal. I also put up a plain picture as a cover because I was tired of looking at an orange cover and I still don't know how to put the title and my name on it. Maybe it's incredibly easy and I'm just stupid for not knowing how but it doesn't matter. I have a picture and I'm fine with it. FAN! VOTE! COMMENT! And if you want to tell me how to put an actual cover up, I'll be really grateful.

*****

I spent Saturday crying and being worried that Selena wouldn't believe me. Sunday came, I pulled up my big girl panties and screwed up the courage to finally talk to Selena. I had told her everything and I do mean everything. Vampires existing, losing my virginity to Mr. Smith himself (Selena wanted to hear every single detail of the experience. I should've expected it), and the 'break' Rey had insisted on. She listened as I detailed every single one of the topics and she only interrupted me to say a really dramatic 'Oh My God!' when I had explained the whole Mr. Smith thing. Other than that, she didn't say anything and she looked like she believed me.

“So let me get this straight. You slept with our math teacher, you found out about the existence of vampires, and Rey almost broke up with you. Huh. Busy week” she said, laying back on the multitude of pillows on her bed.

“Busy two days” I corrected her.

“Two? I thought it happened on Saturday?”

“No it happened Friday but I didn't tell you right away because I thought you would be pissed that I ignored you all week” I said, laying back as well.

“I was” she admitted “and I would've given you hell but I would have still listened to your problems, as always”

“Thanks, Sel. I guess I didn't give you enough credit.”

“No. You didn't” we fell in silence for a while.

“Do you think that vampires actually exist?” I asked her a while later. She shrugged.

“Why not? I mean, between Rey swearing up and down that they do and the fact that impossible things happen every day, it's a real possibility” she said, actually sounding smart “Besides, doesn't it sound awesome? Living forever, partying day in and day out, no school, and you get cool psychic powers” she said, sighing in envy “I would love to be a vampire” and there goes the intelligence

“Yeah that makes one of us” I snorted

“You don't want to live forever?” she asked, confused

“Hell no! I would never want to kill people so that I could keep existing”

“Why would you have to kill people?” her nose scrunched up in confusion

“You know that whole drinking blood thing? They kinda need more than a little Selena and how do you think they get it? They kill people!”

“Oh. I didn't think of that”

“Rey told me that he saw Mr. Smith kill a girl after he had enough of her blood. What if every time you're hungry you have to go into the street and kill an innocent person that didn't do you any harm?”

“That'd suck” she said softly, finally getting the picture I was painting.

“Yeah, it would” I said.

I spent the rest of the night at her house. She had been telling me about the newest idiocy Jaime had done. He was selling to some seriously dangerous men later that week and Selena was to come with him for reassurance. I thought it was stupid and that she should dump him immediately but she wouldn't listen to reason. She wanted to go with him to make sure he was safe and I had told her that that was stupid. How could she protect Jaime against someone dangerous if they were determined to hurt him? She was tiny, she was a girl, and she couldn't even stand the sight of blood.