4 6

𝖆𝖈𝖙 𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊, 𝖘𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝖘𝖎𝖝

IM SORRY
___________________________________

Zoe sat up in her bedroom when she heard rocks being thrown at her window. Zoe furrowed her eyebrows and peered out of the glass to see Billy at the bottom. She felt like she was in a cliche love movie.

Zoe rolled her eyes and pushed her window open. "What are you doing? It's 9pm," Zoe called.

"I wanted to see you," Billy replied. Zoe scoffed. "Please let me in," he said. Zoe hurried away from her window and down the stairs where she unlocked the front door.

Zoe stepped aside as Billy walked in. She locked the door after him and they silently headed up to her room.

"Sorry for showing up unexpectedly... I did want to see you, but I also didn't want to be at home," Billy shrugged.

"Why?" Zoe asked as they both sat on her bed.

"Dad's at it again... yelling and throwing shit. Pretty sure he slapped my step-mom," Billy shrugged. "Snuck out before he could start on me," Billy said.

"I'm sorry, Billy," Zoe pursed her lips. "Do you want food? Something to drink?" Zoe asked. Billy shook his head. "Alright... well if you wanted to stay the night I can set up the spare room. My dad won't mind, he actually likes you... even after everything," Zoe chuckled.

Billy smiled. He paused for a few seconds before saying, "I was thinking that maybe I could sleep in here... with you."

Zoe's eyes widened. "Umm no," she said. "Spare room or go home, sorry," Zoe said.

"C'mon," Billy sighed. "I always sleep best when it's next to you," Billy said.

"No. I can't... not after everything that happened between us, sorry," Zoe shrugged.

Billy sighed. "I get it..." he said.

There was an awkward silence. Zoe began to fiddle with her hands and she noticed Billy glancing at her out the corner of her eye. Zoe gulped as she felt her face become hot.

"I'm sorry," Billy said. Zoe turned to him. "I know I've said it so many times before, and I know you don't think it means anything but it does," Billy said. "Dating Jessica and losing you was the worst thing to ever happen to me... I regretted it the second you came home from the Ukraine," Billy said.

Zoe remained silent, her mind began to race. She didn't know if she could ever trust him again, he had hurt her so bad and she didn't want to be hurt like that again by a boy.

"You were the only person who truly made me happy and knowing that I was hurting you was killing me but I was scared," Billy said. "I've said this all before, Zoe, you know why I was scared," he sighed, tears pooling in his eyes as he poured his heart out to the girl of his dreams.

"I know you were scared... I was scared too," Zoe whispered, scared that if she spoke any louder her voice would crack. "Love is scary, Billy. Not everyone can accept it easily... especially when the people you have loved previously have hurt you," Zoe sighed.

Billy nodded. "I'm sorry... I miss you so much. I miss everything, not just the sex," Billy said. "You were practically made for me. i've never felt the way I do with you with anyone else," Billy sighed, wiping his eyes.

Zoe pursed her lips and finally glanced at him. "I'm sorry for being so mean," Zoe said.

"You don't need to apologise for anything, Zoe," Billy replied. "It was all my fault, this entire situation could of been avoided if I had just manned up," he said.

"Don't be so hard on yourself Billy," Zoe said.

"I can't stop... not after everything I did to you, I deserve to feel pain," Billy shook his head. "I fucked up so bad letting you go. You were the best thing in my life and I fucked it all up just like I do with everything," Billy groaned.

"Stop," Zoe said, wiping his tear stained cheeks. "Stop this nonsense, Billy." She crosses her arms. "Yes, you hurt me, but that doesn't mean you deserve to feel pain," Zoe said. "It hurts me even more seeing you like this, Billy," Zoe said.

"I'm sorry," Billy whispered.

"I'm sorry too," Zoe replied, hugging the boy.

The two teenagers remained in an embrace for what felt like hours. The both cried in each other's arms to try and stop the ache both of them felt in this moment.