1 6

𝖆𝖈𝖙 𝖙𝖜𝖔, 𝖘𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖊 𝖘𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

NUMB
___________________________________

Winter had finally begun and Zoe was just about ready for the cold seasons too leave her, she wanted to wear skirts and she wanted to wear them now! Zoe was walking into English with Billy by her side, the two sat down in their usual seat, mumbling about something between themselves.

After 2 months of being close, people began to assume they were dating, Billy didn't keep a girl around for that long ever. New rumours were spread each day. Many girls envied Zoe, she had what many girls had wanted with Billy.

Zoe didn't care about anyone else's opinion anymore, she was even more stone cold and unapproachable than she was before. Zoe was numb to her emotions, Courtney knew this and so did Robert, they both knew there was nothing they could do but wait for it to pass.

Courtney likes the idea of Zoe and Billy together, but if she's honest she also hates it. Billy has bad habits, and just like Brandon, he's slowly bringing them onto Zoe. Courtney realised just how much she fucked up when she started this plan, Zoe was vulnerable at the time and of course she would of loved the attention from Billy Hargrove, especially when he decided to keep her around.

Zoe didn't listen to Courtney's concerns and instead would snap at her, telling her that she should be happy for her. Zoe was becoming distant from Courtney and Courtney knew that sooner or later Billy would completely take over. Zoe was close to completely cutting everyone off and just being with Billy, kind of like what she did with Brandon, except more extreme.

Courtney knew that if she wanted to keep her best friend she had to stop trying to make Zoe leave him. Zoe was whipped for Billy and Billy liked having a girl who was his without labelling things.

The english lesson began and Zoe watched Brandon as he walked in with Lilly by his side, she didn't feel jealous anymore, and when Brandon glanced over at Zoe, she simply smiled and leaned her head on Billy's shoulder. Brandon pursed his lips and sat down.

Brandon was still hooked on Zoe and he was angry that she let go of him so quickly, he was sure that it was going to pass and they would end up back together. The complete opposite happened, Zoe ended up with the guy Brandon hated the most, and Brandon ended up with a girl who doesn't compare to Zoe in anyway.

"Come over after school?" Zoe whispered, glancing up at the boy. Billy smirked at her, he nodded. Zoe smiled, looking back at the front of the classroom. She noticed a two girls whispering and looking over at Zoe. Zoe rolled her eyes, why was everyone so interested in what she was doing?

After an hour of English the period finally ended. Zoe and Billy parted ways, Zoe headed to Biology. Zoe sat down next to Courtney in their usual seat.

"Hey," Courtney smiled at the girl. Zoe returned the smile and sat down. "Do you wanna come over tonight? You could even sleep if you wanted," Courtney suggested.

"I made plans with Billy already, sorry," Zoe replied, glancing at Courtney.

Courtney pursed her lips. "Maybe me and Ben could tag along?" Courtney asked, motioning towards her boyfriend.

Zoe chuckled. "Yeah, if you wanna see live porn then go ahead and tag along," Zoe said, shaking her head with a smile.

Courtney screwed her face up in disgust. "I think we'll pass," Courtney said. They both chuckled before the lesson finally began.

By the end of the lesson Zoe was annoyed because they got an assignment, and worst of all it was in groups of three. Just to Zoe's luck she was partnered with Courtney and Ben. She didn't want to 3rd wheel and decided on her own that Billy would be invited every time they met up to do the assignment.

School was finished and Zoe couldn't be more happy, she waited at Billy's car until finally he arrived and unlocked the doors. Zoe jumped in and they sped off to her house.

Courtney watched as Zoe and Billy drove off, Zoe looked happier than she did 5 minutes ago which made Courtney's heart hurt. Courtney felt as though she wasn't good enough for her best friend anymore, she couldn't give her what Billy could.

Ben knew about Courtney's recent troubles, she had confessed them to him a few nights ago. "Hey, babe," Ben said, noticing her teary eyes. "Don't stress, everything will be fine eventually. You just have to wait," Ben gave her a kiss on the forehead.

Courtney smiled as they both piled into her car, she drove off. Even though Ben reassured her that everything would be okay, Courtney couldn't help but feel like it wouldn't. Courtney needed to get the real Zoe back and fast.

___________________

AUTHORS NOTE

damn, I've really been on this app for half a decade. haha I still remember the reason i signed up in the first place, i wanted to read freaking jelsa fanfics hahah why was i weird.

please tell me i'm not the only one who use to love jelsa hahahahahahahah cringe.

until next time,

H.