4 0

𝖆𝖈𝖙 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗, 𝖘𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖞

BIRTHDAY GIRL
___________________________________

Zoe woke up on the 30th of June without the excitement she usually had coursing through her veins on this day. Zoe only liked celebrating her birthday with her dad, so to her today was as ordinary as any other day.

Zoe woke up and took a shower. She changed into a yellow sun dress and headed downstairs to prepare herself some cereal. The second Zoe touched the first floor her friends jumped out from their hiding spots and screamed, "happy birthday!"

Zoe jumped at the sound of people yelling. She placed her hand over her heart as she glanced at all her friends.

"You guys scared me," Zoe said, shaking her head. "Also, I wasn't going to celebrate my birthday... it's just not the same without my dad," Zoe sighed, walking over to the lounge and taking a seat.

"Well that's a problem because i've invited people over for a party tonight," Katherine said, rubbing her neck. Zoe glared up at her. "Not heaps of people, just a few people," Katherine tried to justify.

Zoe sighed. "Okay, fine," Zoe shrugged. "I have to go see my dad," she said, grabbing her car keys and heading over to the front door.

Zoe sprinted down to her car and drove off as quickly as she could to get to the hospital and see her father.

Zoe walked into his room and sighed at the sight. She wished that one day she would walk in and he would wake up.

"Hey dad," Zoe whispered. She watched as his heart rate increased by the slightest. "It's Zoe... today's my birthday," she smiled, brushing a few strands of hair from his face. "I know you can't be here for it, but don't stress out. It's okay, wake up when you're ready to, I'll be here waiting for you," Zoe said, grabbing his hand.

Zoe spent a few more hours with her dad before she decided to head back home and be with her friends to celebrate her birthday.

At first she wasn't going to celebrate the day, but after spending time with her father she realised that she couldn't push the day aside because he wasn't with her. Zoe had a group of wonderful friends who were extremely keen to spend the day with her and to make it as amazing and joyful as possible.

When Zoe arrived back home she found the teenagers seated on the porch. "You're home!" Katherine smiled, giving her a hug. "Do you want your presents now?" She asked.

"Sure," Zoe smiled. The group headed back into Zoe's house and sat down on the couch. Everyone handed Zoe her presents and one by one she began to open them.

Lindsey had gotten her a new sun dress, Jesse had bought Zoe a bunch of chocolates and Katherine had found a bikini set that matched Zoe perfectly.

"Thank you! I love all of them!" Zoe smiled, hugging each of them one by one. "I'm very great full for everything each of you have done for me," she said.

"We love you Zoe!" Katherine yelled, hugging the girl tight.

"We're so lucky to have a friend like you," Lindsey added, smiling at her.