4 3

𝖆𝖈𝖙 𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗, 𝖘𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊

LETS TALK ABOUT THAT
___________________________________

Zoe jumped out of the pool and headed back over to her friends. "Billy has been staring at you for ages now," Katherine said, shaking her head up at the boy. "See! He's doing it now!" Katherine yelled.

Zoe glanced over her shoulder and caught him staring, he quickly looked away. "He's a lifeguard, his job is to watch," Zoe shrugged.

"Yeah, watch everyone, not stare at his ex-potential girlfriend," Lindsey butted in.

"Exactly!" Katherine yelled, raising her hands. "I'm telling you, he was totally lying the other night."

"I agree," Jesse nodded. "He had to of been, if he only used you for sex he wouldn't of kept you around for as long as he did and told you he was going to ask you out," Jesse explained.

Zoe sighed. "Either way, I don't care," Zoe shrugged and sat down on her chair.

"It's so annoying! You two would of been perfect," Lindsey groaned. The other two nodded in agreement. Zoe rolled her eyes and ignored the comment, but when she glanced up at Billy and noticed him staring at her again, she couldn't help but wonder how different things would of been if they were together.

Zoe headed to the hospital after the pool to find her dad seated in an upright position which was progress for him. Zoe found that he was learning to do this fairly quickly. His arms were back in use, his speech was getting better and now he's sitting up. The next thing is walking, which may take some time.

Zoe sat with him and spoke about her day for a while and he mumbled back a few words and sometimes even made full sentences. Zoe was proud of his progress and she made sure to let him know, as suggested by the doctors.

Zoe heard him say something about going home. She saw how upset he looked after she said, "you can't come home today, soon, but not today. I don't know when exactly, maybe in a few more weeks."

Zoe gave her father a hug to which he tried his best to hug back. Zoe explained that she had to leave as she promised her friends that she would be home for dinner. Robert nodded and they parted ways. Zoe would return tomorrow, just like before she was still visiting almost every single day.

The group was waiting for Zoe in the kitchen and once she entered the room they began to bombard her with questions about her dad, like they usually did. Zoe answered all the questions and sat down at the table.

"Just a warning, Billy is here. He's in the bathroom," Lindsey whispered. Zoe rolled her eyes, she was sick of him coming over recently.

Zoe ignored him when he walked into the room. "Hey," Billy said, sitting besides her. Zoe gave him a fake smile and glanced over at Katherine who was cooking. "How's your dad?" He asked.

"He's fine," Zoe shrugged. Billy nodded and an awkward silence fell over the pair, everyone in the room could feel it.

"Do you know when he—" Billy was cut off.

"How about instead of talking about my dad, let's talk about what you said last night," Zoe said, her anger over the comment finally arriving. "You used me for sex... let's talk about that," Zoe smiled.

Billy pursed his lips with wide eyes. "It's not what it seems, Zoe. Can we speak about it in private?" Billy whispered.

Zoe glanced over at her friends who was staring at the pair. "Fine," Zoe rolled her eyes. She stood up and led the boy up to her room. Billy let his eyes roam the pink themed room that he missed seeing. Zoe closed the door and locked it. "Well?" She asked, fully aware that within a few seconds her friends would have their ears pressed up against her door. "How isn't it what it seems, Billy? I heard what I heard," Zoe crossed her arms.

Billy sighed. "I know I said it, but only so Jessica would shut up about you," Billy rubbed the back of his neck. "You're all she talks about half the time and it gets annoying... not because she's talking about you, but because she's reminding me what i'm missing out on," Billy shook his head.

Zoe furrowed her eyebrows as her eyes widened. "Pardon?" She chocked.

"You heard me," Billy said. "I miss you, but I like being with Jessica... she may seem like a bitch, but behind closed doors she isn't... and she only puts on an act on front of people to hide the fact that she's insecure," Billy explained.

Zoe rolled her eyes. "Being insecure doesn't mean it's okay for her to be a total bitch to me," Zoe replied.

"I know," Billy sighed. "I'm sorry... I have to come completely clean with you," Billy said. Zoe furrowed her eyebrows. "Most of the time when I have sex with Jessica... I can't finish unless I think about the things me and you did," Billy pursed his lips.

Zoe screwed up her face. "What the fuck, Billy? You have a girlfriend and you're thinking about me when you have sex with her?" Zoe was confused.

"Yes! Because no one can do me like you do and it's driving me insane," Billy said, pulling at his mullet. "Every time I see you, I just want to— you know! I hate it!" Billy yelled. "I compare you to Jessica and as beautiful and talented as she is, she'll never compare to you... no one will," Billy shook his head.

Zoe couldn't believe what she was hearing. "No one will compare to you either, Billy... but that doesn't make what you're doing right," Zoe shook her head. "Maybe you should get over me before you dive into relationships," Zoe shrugged.

"Maybe I should, but it's easier this way," Billy whispered.

"What do you mean?" Zoe asked, taking a step closer to him.