3 5

𝖆𝖈𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊, 𝖘𝖈𝖊𝖓𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊

PLUMMETING
___________________________________

Almost a month past and Spring break was well and truly over. Things had changed since the first weeks of Spring. Lindsey and Jesse did in fact begin dating, Katherine was sick of being single and had begun going on dates in hope to find the perfect match. Billy and Jessica were still dating and it still stung as bad as it did a month ago for Zoe. Although, she was getting good at ignoring them. Zoe decided that Billy and Jessica shouldn't be the reason she keeps her distance from her friends.

Robert was still in his coma and Zoe visited him everyday, she just wanted him to wake up so he could hug her back and answer her questions. Zoe needed her father back, without him her mental health was plummeting even more.

As mentioned, Zoe wasn't doing too well. She forgot what it felt like to feel anything other than sadness. Zoe didn't understand how things could change so quickly. She eventually got tired of being alone in her mansion and had her friends staying at her house to keep her company almost every night. Except for Billy, who wasn't invited.

Billy didn't care though, or so it seemed. Billy was fine with being around Jessica every second he had, she had even transferred schools to be with him. So now Zoe had to see them at school as well.

"Me and Lindsey are heading off," Zoe said to Katherine and Jesse who were watching tv. Zoe trusted her friends with her house while she was gone.

"Alright," Jesse said, standing up to give Lindsey a quick kiss. Katherine smiled at the couple.

"Have a great day guys!" Katherine waved. Katherine had dropped out of high school right after the Spring break and managed to score herself a job at the ice cream shop they loved so much.

Lindsey and Zoe left the house. They headed down to Zoe's car and drove to school, talking about different things every now and then.

When they arrived at school Zoe could already tell it was going to be a bad day. The only spot available was right next to Billy's car and just her luck, Jessica and Billy were making out right near the car.

Like most days, Zoe wore nothing but sweatpants and a t-shirt. She didn't care that it was rather hot and she didn't care that it was now the perfect skirt weather. Zoe didn't want to be noticed, so she blended in with all the other depressed teenagers.

"Let's go, Zoe," Lindsey said, grabbing her arm and dragging her away from the scene.

Zoe sighed and tried to walk faster. She didn't want to see them making out.

By this time the entire school knew that whatever was happening between Zoe and Billy was now over. It was obvious with how much he made out with the new girl. Zoe was sick of people telling her that she looked horrible and that she obviously wasn't taking the break up as well as Billy. Zoe no longer corrected them, she didn't tell them it wasn't a break up because they were never dating. Now she just smiles with a nod.

Zoe was exhausted and she didn't have much fight left in her. She wanted to give up so bad but she knew she couldn't. Zoe knew that if her dad woke up he would need her.

"Good morning, class," the History teacher spoke. Lindsey and Zoe sat down in their usual seat and grabbed out their stationary.

Lindsey and Zoe sat in silence for the lesson, Lindsey was listening to the teacher while Zoe was stuck in her dark thoughts. The brunette girl couldn't concentrate properly these days.