Chapter 4 - The Awkward Dinner

(Andy's POV)
"So Ryan, right? Why don't you have any where to live?" Jerry suddenly asked looking straight into Rye's eyes, who was still chewing his bit of meat in his mouth. When he ate it he looked at me and then at my stepfather.
"I-I..." He started saying but I cut him off and looked at Jerry.
"It's for personal reasons that he can't tell you cause it's hard for him." I said putting my hand on Rye's tight trying to calm him down. He looked at me and smiled weakly then looked again at Jerry.
"Oh now you are his secretary. I think he is old enough to answer questions on his own, oh btw how old are you Ryan?" He asked again looking at Rye.
What's his problem?
"19 sir." Rye said looking at his plate and back at my father just to see his reaction that was not good, he had this big smile on his face but his eyes were making it look fake cause they were full of fire which was burnt from anger.

"Okay now can you tell me why the heck a 19 years old boy can't live on his
own and has to come here and live with us, don't you have parents?" When Jerry said this I had enough. I stood up from my chair and hit the table with both of my hands looking straight into my stepdad's eyes.
"Enough, leave him alone he doesn't
need to andwer your questions, okay? Just stop it, he has his problems and you know me, well I guess you do, I won't be friends with someone who is dangerous or bad so trust me just once in your life please." I said still looking at Jerry deadly in the eyes. Everyone was quiet and the room filled with silence I was still standing up because I was angry. I was waiting for his response and there it was.
"Don't care about your opinion, you are not right every time you don't know him, how long have you known him, two or three days?" He said now the anger was visible on his face.

I wasn't scared at all but I didn't want to argue so I just turned around and went out of the kitchen to my room. I didn't want to leave Rye alone there so I looked at him before going out of the door and motioned him to come with me. He ate his last bit of meat and immediately stood up coming after me. I closed the door and we went into my room, locking the door behind me. He sat on the bed looking at me as I sat on the floor, my back pressed on the wall.
"l'm sorry Rye." I whispered as his eyes trailed to mine, when I saw his eyes full of tears I immediately stood up and went to him. I sat next to him on the bed, he turned to me, he tried to smile but the tears started falling, he immediately wiped them away and looked on the Other side hiding his face from me because of shame.

"Hey Rye it's fine, he's just an asshole, don't listen to him, he doesn't know your story, he doesn't know about your past, he doesn't know in what broken house you were living in..." I said quietly trying to calm him down, I gently wrapped my arms around him and pulled him closer to me. He sobbed quietly as he held onto my arm tightly.
"l'm sorry." I whispered and kissed his neck trying to make him relax. He then turned to me and connected our lips almost immediately. My hands made their way to his hair and tangled there as his trailed to my waist pulling me closer to him and deepening the kiss. His lips were salty because of the tears but still as soft as the first time we kissed. The kiss got long and passionate. It was so hard to pull away for a long time, the only times we pulled away were just to breathe but then we again we're connecting our lips. Sweet, soft, amazing, three words that could explain how his lips felt while dancing against mine.

It was magical, it was full of understanding, passion and something more. Something that I couldn't explain, something that was making my stomach fill with so many
butterflies, something that made me smile into the kiss, something that made me happier. I don't know what it was but it was amazing, it was foreign but yet so
Close to me.